Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • natty07
    • By natty07 12th Jun 19, 12:42 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 6Thanks
    natty07
    good ole gemini parking solutions london ltd
    • 12th Jun 19, 12:42 PM
    good ole gemini parking solutions london ltd 12th Jun 19 at 12:42 PM
    hello all
    This is my first time I've posted on here (although ive been a member for a year so I'm sorry if I've posted wrong.
    my brother in law had to rush to hospital in Broomfield Chelmsford due to his brother trying to end his life. so after trying to find a space(which is impossible from my experience) he parked where there was others cars parked, outside of bays and in chevron markings. he got a ticket from the machine which covers him and rushed in to see him. on return to his car he had a ticket on the windscreen from gemini parking solutions London ltd saying pay 80 or reduced fee of 40 in the next 14 days. he has come to me to ask for help with this as he has enough on his plate with his brother who's now been sectioned. I've wrote a letter for him and copied the ticket and there ticket but before i sent it which has his address on, i had a niggling feeling that they are cowboys. I've searched them and found this site to have threads about them. I've read the newbies thread re parking tickets but I'm still confused whether to send his appeal. sorry if this is a repeated thread. i have mental health issues and find somethings to not sink in. should i send this letter which will give his address or just ignore them as they will have to go to the dvla to get his address. he is a little apprehensive about ignoring it and will read up on the stuff I've found once he finished work. i appricate anyones input with this as you are all stars in my eyes

kind regards
    nat
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jun 19, 12:55 PM
    • 40,220 Posts
    • 89,494 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jun 19, 12:55 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 12:55 PM
    The keeper should send the appeal template in blue from post 1 of the NEWBIES, unaltered, and include the keeper's name and address. It should be sent around day 26 as explained in the NEWBIES, but complaints should be made immediately.

The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.

The keeper should also complain to PALS and the hospital manager CEO as well as the keeper's MP about this unregulated scam.

You can do the legwork but everything must be done in the keeper's name.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 12-06-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • natty07
    • By natty07 12th Jun 19, 1:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    natty07
    • 12th Jun 19, 1:40 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 1:40 PM
    thank you so much fruitcake. you have cleared up re do not ignore. i will get on the case for him and help him with it. much appreciated. will let you know the results. thanks once again
    kind regards natty
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jun 19, 1:44 PM
    • 40,220 Posts
    • 89,494 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jun 19, 1:44 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 1:44 PM
    If/when it is rejected, then a second stage appeal to PoPLA should be made using all the relevant points available from post 3 of the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Jun 19, 1:45 PM
    • 14,444 Posts
    • 14,999 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Jun 19, 1:45 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 1:45 PM
    Have you seen this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • natty07
    • By natty07 18th Jul 19, 3:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    natty07
    • 18th Jul 19, 3:03 PM
    thank you xx
    • 18th Jul 19, 3:03 PM
    hi
    just an update on this. i emailed gemini an appeal. unfortunately my brother in laws brother took his own life which delayed me in the appeal but they have squashed all attempts to recover any chargers for the PNC. i wish to thank you all for the help and valuable assistants with this matter.
    once again you all are stars
    natty xx
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jul 19, 6:34 PM
    • 75,181 Posts
    • 88,110 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Jul 19, 6:34 PM
    • 18th Jul 19, 6:34 PM
    So sorry to hear about your family's loss, and many thanks for updating us to confirm the PCN was cancelled.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,559Posts Today

8,796Users online

Martin's Twitter