What is the latest comp ending date to post?

Guys, I recently posted a comp that is ongoing and wasn't sure what end date to put. I thought I'd give it yesterday's date, but then thought if I did that it would probably be moved to GO really quickly. So, does anyone know how close we can post to today's date without risking it going to GO? If that make sense? Thanks in advance :cool:
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apology
THIS IS ME!

Comments

• weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 August 2012 at 8:44AM
    If you think it will last all year just go with E: 31/12 ?

If you think it will finish very soon just date it a few days in advance eg E: 31/08 ?
    There's a risk that it will be moved early but not much of one.We've had issues in the past with comps getting moved too quickly but it seldom happens nowadays.

HTH

PS : These are my views & not to be taken as perfect :-)
    Some may have other ideas :-)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 August 2012 at 10:40AM
    Blulu wrote: »
    Guys, I recently posted a comp that is ongoing and wasn't sure what end date to put. I thought I'd give it yesterday's date, but then thought if I did that it would probably be moved to GO really quickly. So, does anyone know how close we can post to today's date without risking it going to GO? If that make sense? Thanks in advance :cool:

hiya blu, is it the daily sudoko one ?
    tbh i'm not sure what the procedure is :o
    laks has ongoing ones & she posts them every day with the icon4.gif
    sign on so's we all know to enter pronto, if it's not i apologise :o
    perhaps drop glad a pm & enquire, am sure she'd know what
    the procedure is x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 August 2012 at 11:56AM
    Thanks Guys yes it is the Sudoku one. It's been going since early last year and seems like they're going to just keep doing it ongoing till they decide otherwise.

Lol I started out with 31/12 (?) and then changed it to yesterday's date. Then thought OMG, that will move it to GO and made it earlier. But I think you're right, I'll change it back to 31/12 (?) again. If it disappears, hopefully I or someone will think at some point to check.

Bless ya :T:T:T

Edit: p.s. prob will email Glad too at some point to check - good idea hun X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,436 Forumite
    The 3-Barrels Sudoku is a daily until further notice (ie. no known overall promotion end date).

I recommend posting this in the following way:-

1) Post the competition in Regular Competitions as a new thread with a title:-
    E: DAILY Win Three Barrels Brandy + glasses (Sudoku Puzzle)

2) Add a link to your thread in (1) to the end of the Daily Competitions Post Index so the index can be updated with your comp.

3) Post the competition on the main board with an end date of about 7 days in the future and state something like "This competition is running until further notice and has also been posted in Regular Competitions".

=========================================================================

(1) & (2) is the "proper" way to post this type of comp, but (3) will allow a week for those who never venture into regulars to see the comp, after which it will move automatically to G.O.

You have done part (3) HERE and you just need to set the end date as 04/09. You need to do part (1) then you can change your existing post in the index HERE to link to (1)
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2012 at 1:14PM
    Thank you loads One-Eye. I will follow your directions :T:beer::T

Flippy-neck that was hard going. I think/hope I've done all that. The chances of my remembering that for another time is about the same as the chances of Barry Mannilow winning 'natural look of the year'. Thank you again for the baby steps. I'm off to do something easier, like recalculate pi :D
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts