Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Just thinking about you the other day TS. ( :eek: )
    You would have been proud of me, I was baking, and used rice paper......12 years out of date!! :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Just thinking about you the other day TS. ( :eek: )
    You would have been proud of me, I was baking, and used rice paper......12 years out of date!! :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Not sure I can beat that. :eek:

Do food colourings count mine are obviously ancient. :D
  • mumtoo3
    mumtoo3 Posts: 412
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Another gin festival in Kent incase anyone needs a gin related present. It came up on my facebook feed today, apparently a few of my friends are going.
    I'm another one who has never been drunk (too scared of being sick) and i have never tried cigarettes.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-gin-society-festival-canterbury-2018-tickets-39221215712?aff=efbevent

Anyone free to come and wrap 3 lots of presents for my kids. They dont have too much, a large present bag each, its just the thought of it all, a bit overwelming. I'm sure once i get started i'll be fine.
    Enjoy your afternoon whatever you are doing. Off to make bacon sandwiches with my boy who is home from uni.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon all

OH has been home for a few hours today - my idea being to take the recycling up to Sainsbobs, get the cat litter and then Mr T to take the bags for the foodbank - out and back in an hour.
    Then OH would go back to work, take the car to the garage for new tyres and generally stay out from under my feet for as long as possible.
    So I can tackle the rest of the gift wrapping as this is my last full day home this week.

Instead OH has decided he cant go back to work until at least half past one. All of my wrapping paraphernalia, paper, ribbon, bows etc is scattered all over the living room but mostly on the floor. OH has made a sandwich and eaten it in the living room and and lit the fire and watered various plants, carefully stepping over and round everything :mad:

I am on the sofa drinking tea.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    on COS - Little Dish buy 2 macaroni cheese or baked beans get £1.25 cadhback in Sainsburys - these are now 75p each so £1.50 in total with £1.25 back.

These would be good to get if you have a conditional spend and just need to spend a few pounds more to get to the target.
    Or you have a few pounds left on a gift card that could do with being used up before you forget about it.
    Or you have a swipe and win on your nectar card.
    Or your COS is just under twenty before you can do a withdrawal.
    Or you just want to have a few things to add to the foodbank trolley.

My Sainsbobs does not stock the brie :( and the nice yogurts went off the COS list overnight
    My Mr T does not stock the free relish that is on COS today.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Afternoon ELITE

Just about to head out to SIL house to see the kiddies. Afterwards going to nip to A maybe do a gift shop but also pick up some girls toddler DINO bedding I've seen on the dark side.

Bed sheets £0.25 / Duvet set £2.00

Would make for something nice for those of you with little ones in the family. Then to the shopping centre to get the last of the gifts for my mother. We need some good sturdy slippers and a nice cheese board selection. Thinking M&S is probably the best place to go?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    w gas card still worked today
  • inna wrote: »
    Enterprise
    As for chocolate, I overbought on the Thorntons so we have a box in the store room, and I have won a box of Lily O'briens on the advent too, that is more than enough for us!

Did you receive your Lily O'briens? I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.

No, but I only won last week and it says to allow 28 days.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    some good coms v s
    stuff i needed, all but 64p paid with wombles. 3 x wombles from £1.31 - £8.32 entered no probs myself on ss hth

6 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection White Mushrooms (250g) £0.68 N/A
    1x Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Chocolate & Hazelnut Granola (380g) £2.99 £2.00
    1x Sharwood's 8 Plain Poppadoms (72g) £1.80 £1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Large Cos Lettuce (each) £0.70 N/A
    1x Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Fruit & Nut Granola (380g) £2.99 £2.00
    1x Sharwood's 8 Garlic & Coriander Poppadoms (72g) £1.80 £1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Red Pepper (each) £0.50 £0.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Egg Noodles (410g) £1.20 £1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Beansprouts (360g) £0.60 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £11.28 £7.50
This discussion has been closed.