Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    can you take some food into Work for you? I'm trying to lose weight, it's been harder for me since menop**se. All weight has settled round middle...now an apple shape! But would much rather take a salad in than cope with those shake drinks! Also porridge as well - easy made in a microwave if your able to? Just a thought... And if you want a weight loss buddy... I'm here!!
    Best wishes
    Bo xx

I've found it's a lot more difficult to lose weight at this time of life!

I've gone up a size in the last couple of years, I'm now a 14, whereas I was a 12 for the previous nearly 40 years!

Now that I've got to follow a low salt diet, I will have to eat more healthily, and I'm going to start my walking again, as that's good for me as well.

I'm not convinced I'll actually lose any weight, but I hopefully won't put any more on

Good luck with your weight loss plans
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • greent wrote: »
    I'll happily buddy up for weight loss too - I've been losing and putting back on the same 2lb for the last 6/7 weeks!! ;)

x

Hi there! Happy to buddy up!
    I've made a basic salad for lunch tomorrow ( lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumber) and added stuffed olives, celery and red pepper to cheer it up! Will take in a tin of tuna and also some sundried tomatoes in olive oil add a dressing.
    Planning on porridge in the morning (made with water).
    Tomorrow evening will have chicken.with stir fry veg.
    Have got some sparkling water from T*sco, at 17p for a 2litre bottle!

What are you planning? !

Lets have a good week!
    Bo xx
    BoDiddly :)
    Trying our best!
    1st mortgage: was £23,127.00 now £22,480.00.
    Offset £20,100.00.. MF Jan 2015.
    2nd mortgage: was £13,900.00. Now £13,608. MF March 2016 or sooner!
  • newgirly wrote: »
    Thanks Bo that's very kind of you, a buddy would be great :D we do have a microwave and I often have taken salad in too, I've just let things slide lately and the more I get fed up about it the more I seem to eat! It's always been the same if I am doing well not spending, I am eating a lot or vice versa :rotfl:

Hi Newgirly!
    Any plans for tomorrow?
    Something nice from your batch cooking for tea?!

Bo xx
    Trying our best!
  • Hi GoldieGirl!
    LOL ! I'd love to be a size 14! But good luck with your low salt diet and sincerely Hope that it helps your condition.
    Now I'd better go .... As I'm hijacking this thread (even though was worth the best of intentions... I'll carry on posting on my own thread.

Weight loss, cooking from scratch and money saving should all go hand in hand methinks!
    Trying our best!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    All weight has settled round middle...now an apple shape!
    I'm kind of a fruit salad shape. Sort of roundish but with random bits sticking out in odd places :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone happy to "buddy up" for a bit of weight loss support and hang on in there I'm also very happy to receive any pms :D

Not very organised today, I felt so tired and achey last night I didn't sleep well then went to work early and crushed my fingers in a very large sewing machine/ press type thing :eek: my own stupid fault, I have been using it daily at work for a year , was struggling feeding something in and put my hand in accidentally, Nothing is broken I think but I am still in agony :( feeling a bit silly too after sitting blubbing for an hour with it stuck in ice in front of all the guys at work.

I've gone home very early and threatened dh with a lawsuit :rotfl: other than that and the fact I'm on a slim fast only diet today I'm having a great day!

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow hopefully.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • So that's newgirly, greent, gallygirl and myself up for the weightloss challenge...will continue on my thread...
    Trying our best!
  • newgirly
    Still no spending since tues so £9.60 to carry over to next week, but I think I need to make some bread and cookies to see through until tomorrow for packed lunches.

Diet day two so going ok so far, although dh's big hamper of chocolate bars we got him for his birthday keeps looking at me :rotfl:

Back to school today, sorry for all you mfw teachers but not sorry to have the house to my self for a few hours :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    I'm off for a bit of xmas shopping today, no money in the budget for normal shopping so I thought I'd spend some of the Xmas budget.
    Top of the list is a "lotsa" pink teddy from toy story that smells of strawberry for dd, you would never know she is 17 :rotfl:

The cruise is sorted now, as my best friend and her hubby can't go (she is unexpectedly expecting :D) we decided to cancel and rebook, so no xmas markets unfortunately, however we have changed a 2 night cruise in an inside cabin (£259 each) to a 3 night one in a balcony cabin (£299 each) so we will get 2 whole days instead of just one, still going to Bruges as it's only a short one. I shall hopefully be raiding my best friends wardrobe (like last time!) for posh dresses to take with me :D

Diet going ok, but scales not moving downwards really!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How did the Christmas shopping go? I haven't done a thing yet, am a bit preoccupied with 'elf on a shelf' stuff! Although there is a page I am following on Facebook which is posting such amazing Christmas ideas!

Good luck with the weight loss, it's finding the time to exercise that can be tricky isn't it. I have done SW for a few months. Lost 10lb verrryyyyyy slowly but only 3lb left to a dream target.

New cruise option sounds good too.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback