IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Parking Services PCN

securitymatters
securitymatters Posts: 21 Forumite
edited 22 November 2018 at 1:27AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi
I am under pressure to respond to Euro Parking Services Ltd PCN received late December 2017, can't find exact match to my situation in other threads, here goes.

Have my own installation business in security/electrical have a customer whose retail business premises border the access drive to the Euro controlled car park where I parked to unload, they are employed by a well known freezer foods supermarket outlet in Birmingham.
I parked in the access road next to my customers building late afternoon as I had a large amount of equipment,heavy ladders and goods to carry into the property. I saw a Euro Parking Services Ltd representative in the main car park and went over to speak to him told him what I was doing and asked if I needed to pay for parking (there was no parking machine), he said no he would ok me parking there and would not ticket me, contractors with legitimate reasons for being there are fine, he said. I saw the chap again and another they assured me it was fine.
I came out to my van after unloading and speaking with my customer to find a PCN on windsceen with £100 fee in 28 days and £60 if paid in 14 days. The PCN states: Parked on "Double Yellow Lines/Crosshatched bay/Restricted area of the car park".

I wrote a letter to them and sent a week later stating that this was the case, I had spoken on 3 occaisions to patrol officers, that I had left a large A4 notice in the windscreen saying where I was working and have a signed maintenance report sheet from the company stating I had been working there and I requested it to be wavered as it was unreasonable in the circumstances. I never received a response to this letter until!!!8230;!!!8230;

I have heard nothing then receive a "Final Reminder letter" dated 4 days after mid April 2018 requesting £100 in 28 days stating date of issue as early February 2018. Now another a "Letter Before Court Action" requesting £160 dated 2 days after mid May, giving 14 days to pay.
The letter states date of charge as November 2017 with a different Serial No to original which is wrong as it occurred in December 2017 as also original screen ticket says (only one ticket was ever placed on my windscreen and was late December 2017).
It seems that they have cocked the whole process and dates/serial numbers up, what do you suggest I do please as my time is running out.
PS: The Final Reminder letter has 2 pictures of my vehicle dated November 2017 but no PCN was ever issued on the vehicle on that date.
Regards
securitymatters

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Post one of the Newbies Sticky covers your situation exactly. Please read the thread carefully - it will inform you properly and lay-out your remaining options to challenge this.
  • So I have had one PCN stuck on my windscreen with PCN serial number and incident which I responded to a week after incident and no further correspondence and then a Final Reminder and a Letter before court action with a different charge date (one month earlier) and PCN serial number for which I have never received a windscreen PCN for, what do I do apply to POPLA or send the standard BPA member template? Where is the thread you are referring to as covering identically my situation please?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,430
    Forumite
    Pogofish is referring to the thread entitled:
    **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

It is currently the second thread in the thread index list - one click of your browser's back button and you'll find it.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Plus, the newbie thread explicitly tells you that the detailed circumstances are almost always irrrelevant. So you need to read it and realise the messgae its giving you.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,980
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You don't need a post "identical to your situation" there are very few variations on a private parking scam, and everything is covered in the newbies thread as you have been informed.

You need to realise you are dealing with a disgusting greedy industry populate by lowlife scum.

You didn't speak to a Euro Car Parks officer he was an incentivised muppet that will do anything to catch you out.

The letter threatening court is most likely from a debt collector (who also lie) which you would know if you had read the newbies thread, Euro don't do court.
  • securitymatters
    securitymatters Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2018 at 1:30AM
    Hi

Further to the previous I went to the newby’s thread suggested and found the template, edited it as necessary and sent it to their email address stated on the paperwork. I never received a reply or even an acknowledgement, then in August I received a Gladstone’s Solicitors “Letter Before Action”(on behalf of Euro Parking Services Ltd) saying they want £160 or will take legal action against me, and based on the response in one of the threads that “Euro don’t do court”, I didn’t respond now I have a Small Claims Court summons issued to me, so I am a little concerned that none of the advice suggested on the site has made any difference, as I don’t want a CCJ against me and there were so many conflicting and seemingly wrong procedures followed, can anyone actually suggest if I ask for extended time to the court to prepare my case what the chances of winning are? I have until 28th Nov to acknowledge service and lodge a defence. Any advice here on this out and out scam.
    Regards
    security matters
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    KeithP will be along shortly giving you instructions

Euro have been not been a major problem but anything can change.

What is said on a regular basis on here is do not ignore an LBA, which you did, hence the claim.

Gladstones are nothing special and tend to make rubbish claims anyway ......

Follow what others will now say
  • DATE OF ISSUE of the claim form?
    YEs, you go online NOW to acknowledge the claim, THEN you have a total of 33 days from date of issue for the court to recieve your defence.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,430
    Forumite
    ...based on the response in one of the threads that “Euro don’t do court”, I didn’t respond now I have a Small Claims Court summons issued to me, so I am a little concerned that none of the advice suggested on the site has made any difference...
    I'll just comment on that small portion of your post if I may.

You tell us that you have seen one thread that says “Euro don’t do court”.

Based on that one thread you have come to the conclusion that "none of the advice suggested on the site has made any difference".

I hope you don't mind me saying it, but it seems like a major leap from what you read in one thread to 'the whole of MSE is wrong'.

Aside from that, could it possibly be that the “Euro don’t do court” comment was referring to Euro Car Parks Limited, whereas you are fighting an entirely different company - Euro Parking Services Limited?

As requested above, please tell us the Issue Date on your Claim Form.
  • Hi
    Issue date on claim form 9th Nov 2018, as you probably know 14 days to respond, the day of service is taken as 5 days after issue date which takes me to the 28th Nov if I acknowledge the service within 14 days I get 28 days from date of service to submit a defence to the court.
    PS: I wasn't suggesting that all MSE advice on the website doesn't help I am a newcomer to the world of scamming car park companies and just want to get some justice in the face of a complete con.
    Many thanks for your help in advance, I simply want to bring a robust defence to show I will not be bullied and stitched up by them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure