Stonebridge International Insurance

Hi everybody, I am looking for some advice please.

Last year** I received a couple of letters from Stonebridge with details of an insurance policy, which I had absolutely no idea about. The policy start date is showing as November 2006, and is addressed to me but not at my address, at my previous address from many years ago [which luckily, is my Nan's and how I came to get the letters].
I don't want this policy and have no recollection of starting anything like this.
I would like some advice on what my best course of action is; specifically:
[1] Would I be entitled to any kind of refund.
[2] Should I contact them immediately to cancel this or should I make a complaint to them first.
Sorry for asking daft questions but nothing like this has ever occurred before so I want to make sure I do things right.

NOTES: I have not received a questionnaire from Stonebridge, like other MSE members mention in their posts, just two letters; one to 'remind me' about the policy, and one to advise me of a price increase.
This is the first time I have heard of this company / policy. I have never received any mail from Stonebridge prior to these two letters.

Any suggestions / advice would be very much appreciated.

**Although I received the letters last year, it has taken me this long to start asking about it as, quite frankly, I am pants at getting things done and remembering there are things that need to be done. The letters have been in my drawer at work since I received them and have just come across them again. :(

Comments

• If you don't want it, cancel it.

What sort of insurance is it?
  • It's an Accident Cash Plan?
  • I don't know. It should say on the letter.
  • Sunshiny wrote: »
    [1] Would I be entitled to any kind of refund.
    [2] Should I contact them immediately to cancel this or should I make a complaint to them first.
    You would be entitled to a refund only if you somehow didn't ever take out this insurance and were somehow charged anyway.

However, if you didn't purchase this insurance, how did they obtain your payment details? 2006 is now 12 years ago, is it not likely that you've simply forgotten buying this insurance?

If it was by some incredible fluke taken out without your knowledge and permission, why haven't you complained in the last twelve years that you were paying it? Do you not check your statements?

You won't receive a "questionnaire", since this is not PPI . You'll have to produce your own "complaint"

I'm sorry to say that I think your chances of any success with this (other than simply a cancelled policy) are nil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure