First post

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,213 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Smed wrote: »
    There's that raw nerve again. Thou protesteth too much.
    The sun is still up. Get back to work! :D
  • ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I am really a cat.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
  • do_not_feed_the_troll_by_veilx-d38viyi.jpg
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    There's that raw nerve again. Thou protesteth too much.
    ....I see someone that needs a hug :grouphug:
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • Smed
    Smed Posts: 40 Forumite
    mollycat wrote: »
    Smed, you're bang on the money.

Prompted by your recent disclosures, I did a bit of "detective work" earlier today.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered you are not deluded :eek:

My research shows that no one on the Motoring board owns a car, let alone drives or knows how to repair one, everyone on the Sport and Fitness board is a binge eating, couch hogging fatty, and everyone on the Over 50's board is a baby who has to get their mummy to post for them.

To cap it all, the millionaires who should be here dispensing wisdom are all on the Debt Free Wannabe board indulging in the fantasy that they are penniless.

You couldn't make this stuff up!

A lot easier to work out when people are not working. If they always post during the day on a weekday then they are not working for a living. I know it and everyone knows. Nobody is being fooled. These people supposedly having investments, bank accounts and credit cards is a joke and the joke is on them. I say go get a job and support yourselves instead of depending on my taxes!
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    . Nobody is being fooled. These people supposedly having investments, bank accounts and credit cards is a joke and the joke is on them. I say go get a job and support yourselves instead of depending on my taxes!
    Your profile says you're a farmer. So, if that was true, you're depending on my taxes! http://cap-payments.defra.gov.uk/

You were right, nobody here has a bank account or credit card or job, we're just fantasising. But why does that mean the joke is on us? There's only you taking it seriously. We enjoy our little jokes.
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Breaking News....all shift work, (late shifts, night shifts, continental rotas), have been banned.

All British workers now on strict 9-5 Mon-Fri patterns to allow early detection of penniless fantasist trolls masquerading as IFAs on internet forums.

NHS collapses as patients have to fend for selves for up to 12 hours!

Internet genius "Smed" stated; "I am 100% vindicated; now I can get back to my melons".
  • Smed
    Smed Posts: 40 Forumite
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    . But why does that mean the joke is on us? There's only you taking it seriously. We enjoy our little jokes.

Pleased that you admit to the truth. But you missed out the tripe. Look at the replies in other threads declaring that in the Moneybox app the flat fee of £1 per month represents 25% of the investment without referring to the investment total balance. What that comes down to is that "flat fee" is not understood. The problem here is that MSE has not posted an article about Moneybox so you all don't know what to say about it and can't work that out for yourselves. For more examples of tripe just look at the replies in this thread.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Yes, that'll be it - the concept of a flat fee is so complex that it'll need an explanatory MSE article to help all the simpletons on here get to grips with it! :rotfl:

What's your Imaginary Financial Adviser's professional opinion about Moneybox?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,213 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Pleased that you admit to the truth. But you missed out the tripe. Look at the replies in other threads declaring that in the Moneybox app the flat fee of £1 per month represents 25% of the investment without referring to the investment total balance.
    There's no excuse for that. People who have made that claim deserve as much lampooning as those who use the app.
    What that comes down to is that "flat fee" is not understood.
    It is not a flat fee. It is £1 per month, plus 0.45% per year. The 0.45% itself is a very high fee, so slapping £12 per year on top makes it a rip off.
    The problem here is that MSE has not posted an article about Moneybox so you all don't know what to say about it and can't work that out for yourselves.
    When it comes to investments, the main MSE site is not recommended reading.
    For more examples of tripe just look at the replies in this thread.
    Indeed. For a more concentrated version, they could just look at your posting history.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure