Catalogue rewards scheme

Hi

I was paying off a few things I've got from a catalogue (which I've now done) and had got about £300 of rewards. In 2014 I had a letter from them saying if I didn't purchase anything by Christmas I would lose the rewards so I did and kept them.

No such letter was received in 2015 and I noticed that the rewards went from £300 to zero. When I queried I was told that this was seasonal and went to zero each year and I should have got a letter about this.

I complained but they rebuffed my complaint.

I don't know whether to progress this but can't find anything in their terms and conditions about this nor did I receive a letter from them saying the £300 was being withdrawn.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    which catalogue?
  • Caz3121 wrote: »
    which catalogue?

Littlewoods - KandCo that was
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Rewards earned from an account payment will lapse if they are not redeemed within one year of the date of that account payment. Additionally, if a customer does not shop for one whole season then any Rewards earned will lapse.

http://www.littlewoods.com/newrules.page

I am not aware of how these programs work but this does imply that they lapse after if don't shop for a season or after 12 months
    However the rules may have changed since you opened your account
  • Caz3121 wrote: »
    Rewards earned from an account payment will lapse if they are not redeemed within one year of the date of that account payment. Additionally, if a customer does not shop for one whole season then any Rewards earned will lapse.

http://www.littlewoods.com/newrules.page

I am not aware of how these programs work but this does imply that they lapse after if don't shop for a season or after 12 months
    However the rules may have changed since you opened your account

Thanks wasn't made aware of that but guess will have to call it a day and not shop with them in future.
  • flightboy
    flightboy Posts: 183 Forumite
    Thanks wasn't made aware of that but guess will have to call it a day and not shop with them in future.

They have stopped the rewards scheme now anyway so no more rewards to me made ( annoying for my mother as she earned £1000 a year in rewards on average )
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I had ordered furniture then got a letter saying rewards were stopping, stand to lose a chunk? Been with them 20yrs. What rewards I could use I bought smash stuff so as not to lose too much
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure