PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies

Options

Comments

• Unity
    Unity Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queen-Bee wrote: »
    Have been looking at carpet sweepers following Mummyfrugal's post - are they better at picking up cat hairs than hoovers? I have a British Shorthair which has an astonishingly thick coat and she is shedding her winter coat at the moment - my carpets are felted!!!

I have two cats, both shedding and a Dyson Animal - I honestly cannot fault it and I am a real fusspot when it comes to hair on the carpets :rolleyes:. I use it on my carpets, laminate flooring and quarry tiles in the kitchen and it picks up anything and everything.

Good luck at finding something suitable :).
    Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever :D
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another excellent vacuum for removing animal hairs is the Henry.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have a Spitz with a coat approx 6" long and 2 white cats :eek:. I had a the original Dyson DC01 which died after 12 years loyal use. I was fortunate enough to be given a Miele CatnDog via freecycle which puts anything else I've ever used in the shade...except on a couple cheapish 'felted' rugs which only respond to dragging the edge of my trainers across them. While wearing them, of course :D
  • mi_jardin
    mi_jardin Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    I am sure someone must have posted this in the other thread, but I'll openly admit to not reading all of it!:p

I have started using Stardrops in the washing machine and dishwasher. I have noticed that in the washing machine I haven't has any white powder marks on clothes whjen I have tried to squeeze a bit too much in it, so thats a bonus too. They dishwasher cleans really well with it too, though I did peek a look while it going once and bubble came out the bottom, so don't use too much!:rotfl:
  • blonde36er
    blonde36er Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    The black Dylon washing machine dye is sold in Home Bargains, Dunelm do a big range of colours too.
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mi_jardin wrote: »
    I am sure someone must have posted this in the other thread, but I'll openly admit to not reading all of it!:p

I have started using Stardrops in the washing machine and dishwasher. I have noticed that in the washing machine I haven't has any white powder marks on clothes whjen I have tried to squeeze a bit too much in it, so thats a bonus too. They dishwasher cleans really well with it too, though I did peek a look while it going once and bubble came out the bottom, so don't use too much!:rotfl:

I use stardrops for everything, washing up and cleaning.

my cleaning mix is 1/3 each of stardrops, water and vinigar....also works for burnt on pans or grill trays, spray liberally every 30 mins then after an hour wash off.
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I decided to use up old lipsticks I'd gone off the colour of and use a couple I'd won from Rimmel but wasn't keen on the colour. I mixed the lipstick with some vaseline and pressed into an empty container I had then placed in the fridge to chill. Voila, I now have lipgloss I'll wear rather than a lipstick I won't.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Finefoot
    Finefoot Posts: 644 Forumite
    Options
    I use old duvets and covers to make my dogs bed. I chop any leftovers with bits of bread ends and mix it with his food.
    Loving the sunny days!
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lauren_1 wrote: »
    I use stardrops for everything, washing up and cleaning.

my cleaning mix is 1/3 each of stardrops, water and vinigar....also works for burnt on pans or grill trays, spray liberally every 30 mins then after an hour wash off.
    I'm another stardrops fan. I've recently been filling a sports type water bottle, 1 section stardrops, 1 section vinegar and the rest water. (I hope you understand what I mean by section can't think of any other way to describe it (:o) Anyway, it means that I can direct the squirt when cleaning under the rim in the toilet etc and just put a good squirt into a bucket of hot water for most uses. So far it's been fine.:)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Eenymeeny wrote: »
    I'm another stardrops fan. I've recently been filling a sports type water bottle, 1 section stardrops, 1 section vinegar and the rest water. (I hope you understand what I mean by section can't think of any other way to describe it (:o) Anyway, it means that I can direct the squirt when cleaning under the rim in the toilet etc and just put a good squirt into a bucket of hot water for most uses. So far it's been fine.:)
    Just counted...it's about a twelfth stardrops and a twelfth vinegar then just fill the rest of the 500ml bottle up with water :D
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback