Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

Options

Comments

• leosayer39
    leosayer39 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    alanwsg wrote: »
    You don't need to buy a '3' PAYG SIM, they give them away ....
    https://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Free_SIM

I got one but it doesn't suit me: to top it up you either need to put it in a 3G phone (I haven't got one) or log in online from some other access point (I was worried I'd only have the dongle available when the credit ran out).

I bought an O2 PAYG SIM off Ebay (£1.99) and that suits me best.

Thanks for the information re the free '3' sim.

You also say..and I quote,
    "or log in online from some other access point (I was worried I'd only have the dongle available when the credit ran out)."
    What do you mean?
    Dont you just love freshly congealed pigs blood, with a bit of fat in :D
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    leosayer39 wrote: »
    You also say..and I quote,
    "or log in online from some other access point (I was worried I'd only have the dongle available when the credit ran out)."
    What do you mean?

I mean if you've got no credit on your SIM it won't even let you login to the 3 PAYG website to activate a voucher or buy a top-up on a credit card.
    With the original 3 SIM that comes with the dongle you can always get to the My3 account page to buy credit (It's the only page you can access if you've no credit). The same applies to the O2 SIM: you can always get to their top-up page.

BUT: Someone here might know different. I tried it with the 3 PAYG SIM, it connected to the network fine but I couldn't access any pages at all including the My3 pages. I'm assuming you need to put credit on it first using a 3G phone which I haven't got.

If anyone knows of some hack to get around that I'd like to know as the 3 PAYG is an even better deal for me than O2.
  • leosayer39
    Options
    alanwsg wrote: »
    I mean if you've got no credit on your SIM it won't even let you login to the 3 PAYG website to activate a voucher or buy a top-up on a credit card.
    With the original 3 SIM that comes with the dongle you can always get to the My3 account page to buy credit (It's the only page you can access if you've no credit). The same applies to the O2 SIM: you can always get to their top-up page.

BUT: Someone here might know different. I tried it with the 3 PAYG SIM, it connected to the network fine but I couldn't access any pages at all including the My3 pages. I'm assuming you need to put credit on it first using a 3G phone which I haven't got.

If anyone knows of some hack to get around that I'd like to know as the 3 PAYG is an even better deal for me than O2.

Thanks for that, I now see what you mean. :)

I have just applied for the free sim from '3' but in the mean time i ll set up the dongle with the sim that came with it.
  • amber9876
    amber9876 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I currently use pay monthly on 3 however my 3 dongle has stopped working. I got the free 3 dongle offer and havae tried to put the sd card into the pay as you go dongle but can't get it to work??

Is there anyway that I can use this 3 payg dongle as a pay monthly please?

Many thanks in advance !!
  • leosayer39
    Options
    amber9876 wrote: »
    Hi
    I currently use pay monthly on 3 however my 3 dongle has stopped working. I got the free 3 dongle offer and havae tried to put the sd card into the pay as you go dongle but can't get it to work??

Is there anyway that I can use this 3 payg dongle as a pay monthly please?

Many thanks in advance !!

You dont put the sd card into the dongle to make it work. You need to put the sim card into the dongle.
  • amber9876
    amber9876 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    oh sorry I meant sim card
  • drandall
    drandall Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I completed the registration for this on Saturday but no email of a code - how long did people have to wait for this?

David
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    drandall wrote: »
    Hi

I completed the registration for this on Saturday but no email of a code - how long did people have to wait for this?

David
    Mine came immediately
  • drandall
    drandall Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for reply - had to phone for code - 0871 number grrr.. but immediate answer and gave me the code straight off... great.

David
  • billywhiz
    Options
    I bought the dongle, downloaded the software, put the dongle in USB, installed the drivers, ran the unlocker program.
    It came up with the 'Download' button, OK, started and after a few minutes it said 'download failed' Try again'. Looked in the log file and at the end of a hundred or so lines it says:
    2009.6.16 13:23:45¡ª¡ªNV backup success!
    2009.6.16 13:23:45¡ª¡ªswitch to DownLoad mode...
    2009.6.16 13:23:53¡ª¡ªDownload armprg.bin...
    2009.6.16 13:24:0¡ª¡ªskip to armprg.bin...
    2009.6.16 13:24:24¡ª¡ªskip fail!

Clicked OK and now it just sits there saying 'Waiting'.
    So,...... any ideas what to do / where to go?
    How long do I give it, can I unplug it and start again?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Brian
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family