Magazine offers - DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

Comments

• nooney
    nooney Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    A little warning here.
    I took an offer on CBeebies magazine 3 for a pound with a direct debit. I have done this many times before with different magazines and always cancelled the DD as soon as the pound was taken.But this time galleon,the publisher, took the one pound AND a nineteen pound direct debit on the same day, so my friends daughter is going to have the magazine for the next three months.
  • smiths84
    smiths84 Posts: 141 Forumite
    That's scary. I do the same as you - only got caught out once when they took the big DD a few days after the pound, but never had one on the same day. The other day I noticed one publisher had taken the first special offer payment straight out of my account rather than via DD. Good I noticed because otherwise I wouldn't haven't cancelled the DD. Maybe they're gettin' wise to us!
    Make £10 a day May challenge
    2011 Sealed pot challenge
  • smiths84
    smiths84 Posts: 141 Forumite
    I subscribed to 3 magazines all 5 issues for £5 with free gift

Glamour
    Easy Living
    Conde Naste Traveller

I received all 3 magazinest

Approx 10 days later all three sets of free gifts arrived

Simple anti wrinkle set (easy living)
    Body shop set (glamour)
    Neals Yard set (replaced original Elemis set out of stock) Conde Naste Traveller

Will use them as mothers day gifts very happy

Just a quickie
    As the first payment of £5 on each has been taken can I cancel the DD's now ?

Yes definitely cancel now. Sometimes they take the next payment v quick...
    Make £10 a day May challenge
    2011 Sealed pot challenge
  • h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    -MRS_T- wrote: »
    Thanks jennie

I received my dermalogica gift set today and its fab, im really impressed with it. Just used it and its made my skin feel lovely :-)
    am still waiting for mine!
  • -MRS_T-
    -MRS_T- Posts: 2,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    h007 wrote: »
    am still waiting for mine!
    When did you place your order?
  • Gosia
    Gosia Posts: 579 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi guys

A few weeks ago I signed up to the 3 Glamour and 3 Tatler magazines offers for £3 which included gifts. Today I got my nail varnish gift.

Unfortunately the nail varnishes were completely smashed up in the envelope. When I got home everything smelled of nail varnish - and there was me thinking that the neighbours must be painting and decorating!

What should I do? If I call them is there any chance of them sending out another gift?
  • -MRS_T-
    -MRS_T- Posts: 2,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Gosia wrote: »
    Hi guys

A few weeks ago I signed up to the 3 Glamour and 3 Tatler magazines offers for £3 which included gifts. Today I got my nail varnish gift.

Unfortunately the nail varnishes were completely smashed up in the envelope. When I got home everything smelled of nail varnish - and there was me thinking that the neighbours must be painting and decorating!

What should I do? If I call them is there any chance of them sending out another gift?

Thats a shame. I would definetley give them a call they can only say no. Tell them you can provide them with proof ie a picture if they dont believe you.

hth
  • 23rdspiral
    23rdspiral Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    hi, i'm after trying Cross Stitcher magazine. this website offers it at 3 for 1quid, with free gift, and as its a trial you can cancel... but is it too good to be true? http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/store/displaystore.asp?sid=4807

if i take it up, do i cancel the DD after the first payment of 1pound it taken, or wait till i've had all 3 mags, which will probably be the end of july!??

thanks for any help.
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • Does anyone know anything about www. loveoffers .co.uk? I got an email from them today about magazine offers, but they also seem to have a whole load of comps and free samples of magazines that you download as well as a load of travel guides that you download. It seems to be genuine ("4PM trading as LoveOffers, 30 Cleveland Street, London, W1T 4JD") but has anyone used them and can vouch for them?
  • does anyone know any fishing magazine offers?
    the only links i can find have expired.
    thanks
    mmmm free stufffffffff :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family