PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The city centre St Gemma's Hospice shop seemed to have loads of stuff reduced to 99p today so I came away with a pair of b/n M & S smart straight legged trousers in a taupe shade. M & S price tag said 'Was £25 reduced to £15' so a bargain at 99p methinks. :j
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 July 2019 at 6:22PM
    Have had a few finds today. I got DH a Karrimor zip neck running top £1.99, a Supa Modern canvas cross body messenger bag, I believe it is a mans but it is quite compact, a neutral grey colour and will be ideal for travel - £3.99. A H&M cream blouse, semi sheer but heavyweight, v neck, 3/4 sleeves with a fluted shape, the front is double lined so no need for a cami top - £1.75. A George grey jumper, crew neck, from below the shoulders at the back it is a lightweight fabric in white with blue paisley print, £1.

I saved the best till last, in the Oxfam shop where everything is £1.99 (they sell all the unsold items there) I found a gorgeous All Saints 100% Cashmere jumper, it is a small so I passed it to DD and she pounced on it, get home and it turns out it fits me. This is it below, same colour as this one too. Apparently is £106 new, it looks perfect and has the dry cleaning label attached to the care label.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+saints+kasha&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiTgK_Q_cPjAhWwVBUIHUt9DHwQ7Al6BAgIECQ&biw=1366&bih=632#imgrc=WTU0EK4VP0f9dM:
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • LeeRits
    LeeRits Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Had a cracking find in a local charity shop by me yesterday. Picked up the first 11 books out of the "How To Train Your Dragon" series by Cressida Cowell.. 20p each!! There's only 12 in the collection so only missing the last book. They are mint condition as well, my daughter was made up :)
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Love the all saints cashmere jumper what a fab find.

Dh and I went to Louth again for the afternoon it’s such a nice place to wander round and has lovely independent shops as well as cs. At the £1 Sue Ryder I got an m and s cardigan for dd number 2. She will hopefully be starting her career in October and needs a work wardrobe. Next sale, Dorothy Perkins and m and s sales have all come up trumps but bits like cardigans and the odd cs dress are really helpful in bulking out the professional working woman look.

Also in the 99p shop I got a joseph knitted wool, silk and cashmere tunic which seem to be about £195 on line. I also got a Ganni tunic dress which is a Copenhagen brand with hefty price tags so again about £200 finally got a royal mer Bretagne heavy cardigan cost on website £200 upwards. I also got a pair of spotty wellies for youngest dd. So I’m very impressed with my 99p deals. You have to sort through quite a lot of primark etc to find the bargains but they are definitely there
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    Love the all saints cashmere jumper what a fab find.

Dh and I went to Louth again for the afternoon it’s such a nice place to wander round and has lovely independent shops as well as cs. At the £1 Sue Ryder I got an m and s cardigan for dd number 2. She will hopefully be starting her career in October and needs a work wardrobe. Next sale, Dorothy Perkins and m and s sales have all come up trumps but bits like cardigans and the odd cs dress are really helpful in bulking out the professional working woman look.

Also in the 99p shop I got a joseph knitted wool, silk and cashmere tunic which seem to be about £195 on line. I also got a Ganni tunic dress which is a Copenhagen brand with hefty price tags so again about £200 finally got a royal mer Bretagne heavy cardigan cost on website £200 upwards. I also got a pair of spotty wellies for youngest dd. So I’m very impressed with my 99p deals. You have to sort through quite a lot of primark etc to find the bargains but they are definitely there

Great bargains there. I would never be buying such pricey brands new but people must think I spend a fortune on clothes.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Some great bargains reported recently. :T
    Today I saw a cardigan in Barnados - the colour called to me, it's a sort-of animal print in cream, biscuit, pinks, puce and grey.
    And as soon as I laid hands on it I thought 'you're cashmere'.
    And it was. M&S 100% cashmere. £3.50. And it's in the freezer. :D

A DAKS hat, trilby-style in dark green & tan with navy and red.
    And a lovely feather trim.
    Great quality - apparently this company holds 3 royal warrants.

It's small size and fits me perfectly.

£2.50 Sue Ryder.
    It will look fab with my navy crombie coat this coming winter.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    There are days I am convinced I have trained the chaps wrong & should have larned them cashmere. I think there might be an issue with the freezer though. My lads regard frozen food largely as 'extra chewy'...

Just the washing machine goes at least once a day, loaded by the chaps, and thus my crystal ball of alternate futures is very clear it couldn't have worked for us, whereas the Great Wall of China is just a heartwarming array of different colours & shapes gleaming at me through the plastic & in some cases tissue & or bubble-wrap.

Oh, Poillycat, Daks Googles as a
    British Fashion House which epitomises luxury, sophistication and quality tailoring
    so eminently suitable for you!

Dear heavens, how stunningly well dressed you must all be! Awed at these amazing finds, just cba hunting glorious clothing that won't fit me next month, whereas I've yet to find the piece of Denby that was the wrong size. (Or benefited from freezing after purchase.)

I staggered back somewhat crackered from a week delivering training in far-too-hot-for-me London to find Himself had sorted a welcome home of of Langley: Lucerne & Patrician - He Even Found Plates!

And a 2 pint teapot which I may house with my mother who really doesn't 'get' tea in volume - she keeps getting up & making another small mug. Which is wrong, so I leap up like a jack in the box for each of these overgrown thimblesful. At least with a pot sat glinting, I can stay hydrated and listen better!
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    whereas the Great Wall of China is just a heartwarming array of different colours & shapes gleaming at me through the plastic & in some cases tissue & or bubble-wrap.

You need a china room.

521736.jpg
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    LOL at DFV (as always). :)
    British Fashion House which epitomises luxury, sophistication and quality tailoring
    This ^^^^ is so not me.

Reading the DAKS website, I think I should return the hat to avoid bringing the brand into disrepute. :rotfl:
    It's good to see a company founded 125 years ago still doing business.

I think your lads are doing just fine as they are. ;)
  • Potternerd
    Potternerd Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A White Stuff sky blue patterned cotton dress £6.99 a white sleeveless dress by Andrea Jovine £2, a M & S denim skirt £4 which I'm planning to wear to a festival in August and a bright pink New Look tee for £1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure