'Feedback' on manager when leaving

Finally I'm leaving my job. I've been offered an exit interview but it will most likely be with a manager from another site whom I don't know.

What really bothers me is the way 2 of the managers in one particular office treat people. They are rude, aggressive and unfair. I've experienced it personally and seen them do it to others. They get away with it because their manager is CEO and based elsewhere. Nobody will stand up to them because they know their life will be made intolerable.

I feel confident that now I'm leaving, I can raise this. I plan to email the CEO. Any suggestions how I can make this have most impact? I plan not to name anyone for fear they will be bullied. I am however concerned he (CEO) may think I'm just moaning if I'm the only one to say anything.

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    You want a reference don't you?....
  • Yes a reference would be helpful of course! References should be supplied before I leave and send said email as they have already been applied for and I've still got 3 weeks left. I didn't put either of them down as referee anyway.
  • Guest101
    Yes a reference would be helpful of course! References should be supplied before I leave and send said email as they have already been applied for and I've still got 3 weeks left. I didn't put either of them down as referee anyway.
    Very few employers will take references from you, I'd say 9/10 will want a fresh email from a corporate account when you apply.

Down the line you will no doubt have this job on your cv - a quick call to the business from your new employer would be perfectly normal
  • Guest101 wrote: »
    Very few employers will take references from you, I'd say 9/10 will want a fresh email from a corporate account when you apply.

Down the line you will no doubt have this job on your cv - a quick call to the business from your new employer would be perfectly normal

I don't follow what you mean? Maybe I didn't explain it well.
    I've supplied the name and email address of a current manager to supply a reference. I'm assuming she will reply to the new company before 3 weeks. That means references will have already been done before I send my email to the CEO. Hence wanting a good reference will not be a reason not to send my feedback.
  • Guest101
    I don't follow what you mean? Maybe I didn't explain it well.
    I've supplied the name and email address of a current manager to supply a reference. I'm assuming she will reply to the new company before 3 weeks. That means references will have already been done before I send my email to the CEO. Hence wanting a good reference will not be a reason not to send my feedback.
    Lets say you leave the new job, your future employer (the one after next) may decide to ring up you current employer and ask them for a reference, even if informally.
  • Guest101 wrote: »
    Lets say you leave the new job, your future employer (the one after next) may decide to ring up you current employer and ask them for a reference, even if informally.

Ah OK thanks I get it now! Yes I suppose that's a possibility but they can't ( well they could but its obviously not allowed) make up something bad that's untrue. Maybe I should mention this concern to the CEO in my email.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've supplied the name and email address of a current manager to supply a reference.

That could be anyone.

Draw a line under this job and move on.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Guest101
    No they can't lie, but the truth is only a perspective- the employee did not work well with his line manager and contacted the CEO instead of following procedure
  • ohreally wrote: »
    That could be anyone.

Draw a line under this job and move on.

Could be anyone? I've given my soon to be workplace the name and email address of a particular manager whom they can contact.

Yes for me personally, the easiest thing would be to draw a line and move on, but taking that approach is how people like these nasty managers carry on upsetting people. Morally I'd feel bad for not speaking up.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morally I'd feel bad for not speaking up.

The time to challenge behaviour is er, at the time, however I realise not all individuals would do this.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport