Have DemonPlates tricked me into paying additional postage?

I've ordered some number plates from Demon Plates and, at the checkout, was given this option:

Free delivery - despatched within 5-7 working days
Express - Despatched in 2 working days

Well, over a week was quite a long time to wait, so I paid the £3.99 for express.

That was on Monday, and I've not yet received notification they've been despatched, so I looked further on their website and noticed this in their FAQs:

"We begin working on your plates pretty much as soon as we receive the order. Under normal circumstances, number plates are despatched the same or next working day from us receiving your order."

And

"we start on an order as soon as it is received. Because of this it is not possible to cancel or amend an order which has been placed on either the internet or the telephone."

So have I been duped? I could ask for my £3.99 back but, technically, they have fulfilled the order (the plates were despatched today).

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What's your complaint? They have dispatched them within two working days.

They shouldn't really be selling them as number plates over the web but no one seems to care about the shoe plates you've purchased.
  • Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What's your complaint?

That, at the point of payment, they suggested standard despatch was 5-7 working days, but then their FAQs say they usually despatch the same or the next day.

Had I read the FAQs before ordering, I wouldn't have paid the extra £3.99.
  • Supersonos
    They shouldn't really be selling them as number plates over the web but no one seems to care about the shoe plates you've purchased.

Even the DVLA don't care - Demon Plates are listed on the DVLA website as a Registered Number Plate Supplier.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Supersonos wrote: »
    Even the DVLA don't care - Demon Plates are listed on the DVLA website as a Registered Number Plate Supplier.

I know, they probably have a shop but no one cares whether they are sold legally or not.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That, at the point of payment, they suggested standard despatch was 5-7 working days, but then their FAQs say they usually despatch the same or the next day.

Had I read the FAQs before ordering, I wouldn't have paid the extra £3.99.

User error then?
  • Supersonos
    I know, they probably have a shop but no one cares whether they are sold legally or not.

What's illegal about what I've bought?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Did you show them your V5C when ordering the plates? (I think that's a requirement for new plates but when ordering online it's rarely, if ever, requested - and someone could forge it for an online submission anyway).
  • Supersonos
    DoaM wrote: »
    Did you show them your V5C when ordering the plates? (I think that's a requirement for new plates but when ordering online it's rarely, if ever, requested - and someone could forge it for an online submission anyway).

What does that have to do with whether or not I've been duped out of £3.99?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I was answering your direct question in post #7 ... isn't that obvious given the fact my reply is immediately below post #7?
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 August 2018 at 5:18PM
    What's illegal about what I've bought?

Is this what you bought?

http://www.demonplates.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories