No payment today

Comments

• JohnLock
    JohnLock Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 8:40AM
    Amazon sent me $3,800 on Saturday from a branch in the USA via direct deposit using BIC and IBAN number

But I checked my Lloyds bank this morning and the money hasn't gone in it yet.

Is this normal and how long will it take?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Is this a similar issue to your previous thread? Which I assume came good in the end?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5874813

This time it was over a weekend (again)- perhaps you should wait a little longer before worrying.
  • JohnLock
    This is another payment.

But I think banks do not process international payments on a weekend, right?
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Banks don't process any payments over a weekens usually at all.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    There's little chance of it showing up today, I'd say tomorrow is the absolute earliest you could expect to see it, and it might take several days longer than that. I certainly wouldn't be worrying about it before the end of the week.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi,

I have merged both of your threads as they are about the same issue, as you have already had replies on this thread, I will merge your later thread.

Thanks

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    JohnLock wrote: »
    bloody rediculous that BACS don't go through on sunday's, in these modern globalised times..... banks need to change.. sick of it

Why is it so ridiculous that banks don’t process things at the weekend? If they’re going to work weekends they’ll need more staff and much more expense. They already process faster payments over the weekend so it’s not as if payments cannot be made.

Overseas banks aren’t going to start opening at weekends any time soon (particularly Saturdays in Israel where it’ll never happen and possibly the same for Arabic banks) so they’re not going to have international settlement.

By all means have a rant but make it about something worthwhile.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The amount is in dollars. So, it will have to go through routing and conversion.

it would have helped if you had said this on your original post and not mentioned it a week later. We were all thinking BACs but that isnt the case.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have merged both of your threads as they are about the same issue, as you have already had replies on this thread, I will merge your later thread.

Thanks

Westie983

I'm not sure that they are the same issue, I think it may be two separate payments, one within the UK and one from the USA. If that is so then merging the threads has just caused confusion.
  • JohnLock
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The amount is in dollars. So, it will have to go through routing and conversion.

it would have helped if you had said this on your original post and not mentioned it a week later. We were all thinking BACs but that isnt the case.

Yes it's in dollars. They sent it on 4th. Still not got it in my bank today in £s. How long will it take?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure