IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ace Security FIRST APPEAL ARGH!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have you been in touch with the HA to ask why they have allowed Ace to interfere with your lease (the core of your defence) and secondly why they have allowed Ace to take this all the way to court. See what they say unless you've already had something back.

Secondly the HA is likely to have a formal complaints mechanism which goes all the way up to the Housing Ombudsman. You might want to kick off that process too so you can feed any court win, into a major complaint there.

Whereas your MP may be gone by Xmas, the HO and the courts will still be there.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    If the HA are a registered charity you might consider complaining to HM Charity Commissioners that they are contracting liars, cheats and scammers to gouge money out of their tenants. There is nothing charitable about PPCs.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • akzy1990
    akzy1990 Posts: 32 Forumite
    I have complained to the HA and they failed to comply with their 15 day standard service to respond to a complaint (as stated in their procedures). I have been very stern with the HA and expressed how serious the situation is. They have made several mistakes so far so hopefully that is in my favour.

In addition I have received the notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track. Am I correct in saying that I will be taking this to an oral hearing and not a paper one as that is the best way to defend!

The reason I ask is because I have another one to Link parking but gladstone's has sent me the notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track with their own covering letter stating that I can agree payment terms with link parking and they will be happy to listen, they have elected not to mediate and are filing for it to be dealt with paper and their client completed directions questionnaire. Its weird because I have been asking gladstone's for evidence on the link parking case, twice actually and they never gave me anything as I don't have the foggiest as to how this fine came about. anyways i think i have gone off on a tangent as this should be a separate thread.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, your latest post really has confused things.

How many claims are you progressing?

Probably best that you delete your latest post if it is about an entirely different claim. Start a new thread for that if needs be.

How about answering the questions in post #21?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 August 2018 at 4:07PM
    In a residential case it s sometimes better for the driver's identity to be admitted.

Only state that a person was not the driver if that is the case. If it isn't, then don't state it.

I'm a bit confused by the need to display a permit if it isn't in the tenancy agreement. I don't know enough about HAs and rental properties though to comment whether displaying a permit should or should not be done.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • akzy1990
    i was almost out of time so i sent a defence in, i'm confident in it but i feel i panicked as well. i received the small claims track form from the court.
  • akzy1990
    i am pursuing 3 for ace and 1 for link which I have no clue about, i requested information from link and gladstone's but nothing.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh well, I'll leave it to someone else as I cannot understand what's going on and you seem unwilling or unable to explain it.

Good luck.
  • akzy1990
    thanks for trying to help, i read back and found some of it confusing as well, especially the last post. despite it being my first case no excuses as I have read the newbies thread and get the gist. I will improve and explain everything properly.
  • Hello Everyone!

I have decided to give a breakdown of my situation as some of my posts have been confusing, disorganised and disorientated. I am going to make a clean simple post that explains everything from top to bottom and if there is any advice that you heroes think is needed for me please let me know.

1) Five Tickets from the PPC spread out over 6 months for parking in a bay that I pay for on a weekly basis as agreed in my tenancy agreement.

2) PPC has claimed that they have the right to issue tickets as I do not have a valid parking permit displayed.

3) My tenancy agreement does not state that a parking permit is needed however the PPC have stated that this was enforced several years after signing an agreement with the landlord and even know how long I have been living at the property.

4) I requested a parking permit due to the stress after the third ticket and I have complained to the landlord in regards to the tickets.

5) Landlord has still not provided any permits and the complaint has been escalated severely and a letter has been sent to the local MP.

6) First appeal letter, LBC appeal letter have both been completed using support from the forum and a defence statement has been sent off.

7) Final letter from court was completed to state that I want a oral hearing and now I am waiting for a court date.

8) I have read through several posts and cases that are almost identical to mine in order to brief myself and understand where I stand.

So in brief that is the case and I hope it all makes sense. If there is anything that anyone feels I need extra then please let me know as I want to take them down!!! Not just because of the fines but because of there mannerisms and attitude and ignorance shown to responses to my letters of appeal.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport