IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Mail Online article

This article covers what a lot of people on this forum already know, but it is good that it might be reaching a wider audience. (Even if, rather unfortunately, they are Daily Mail readers)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-6031749/I-appealed-unfair-private-parking-charge-won.html

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,158
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Instead of parking on yellow lines why not simply park a foot away from them.:)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I this land not covered by bye-laws? If so, why are Met ticketing keepers?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I this land not covered by bye-laws? If so, why are Met ticketing keepers?

They are seeking the driver's details from the RK. If the RK provides them with the details, they're up and running. The critical point is, does the NtK suggest that the RK is liable under PoFA? If it does and the PCN relates to non relevant land, or it does and (in this case) the NtK is served outside the 14 days, then it's a major complaint to the DVLA. Excel were suspended some years ago for implying Keeper Liability when their NtK was not compliant. The DVLA seem far less exercised about it these days (go figure!).

The article does seem to imply that the PCN is invalid as the NtK was served outside the PoFA time limit (14 days) and I think those who have no knowledge of the finer detail will believe 'more than 14 days - invalid', but will be blissfully unaware that a windscreen ticket has 28 - 56 days available, and might blissfully ignore on the basis that the Daily Mail told them so, so must be right!

A curate's egg of a report.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport