All change, All change

124»

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry I didn't reply I haven't been on for a while - I hope you are ok. Believe in yourself, they wouldn't have called you if they didn't think you had a chance.

Look at the person spec for the job and give egs of things you have done that match it. Good luck.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Thank you both for your advice. I've had the interview, I survived! Yay! I think I did ok, but not enough to get the job. It's ok though because now I know that I can at least get an interview and I can practice those!
  • savingwannabe
    Hurrah for the interview. The experience is always useful as you learn something every time even though it is stressful it get's better. I hope.
  • Well, I didn't get the job. In fairness it would have been a massive fluke if I had got the first job I went for.

Then My brain went for a bit of a wander without me and I've been as much use as a chocloate teapot. I need to get on top of this :/

*sigh*
  • pinknsparkly
    pinknsparkly Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi Smarter! I'm not sure how I missed your new diary when you started it, but I've been a bit sporadic at coming on here recently.

Sorry about the job :( But as you said yourself - it's FAB news that you got as far as interview (it sounds like it was very competitive) and have had the interview practice. Have you had any feedback from them (or considered asking for feedback) as to why you didn't get the job? Often the feedback will be completely useless ("there was a stronger candidate") but if they actually give you some constructive criticism then it could really help for future interviews.

How are you getting on with the levothyroxine? Are you feeling any different yet? I assume the GP starts you on a super low dose and then increases it gradually?

I don't mean to pry, and don't answer this if you don't want to, but if you are referring to mental health when you say "my brain went for a wander without me" then have you thought about ways to help with that? Sunshine and exercise (and getting the levothyroxine balance correct!) is always a good start, but also don't disregard stronger help (such as talking therapies or medication) if you need it. I struggled along for sooooo many years before even realising I had a problem and then struggled on for longer again before admitting I couldn't solve it myself!

Big hugs, chin up and go show the world what you can do! You WILL find a job, I promise - even if it can take a frustratingly long time (my husband was unemployed and not entitled to any benefits at all, not even JSA, for almost two years after finishing his PhD and now he's been employed for 5 years in a great job that came about completely by accident and that he didn't even apply for!)
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • savingwannabe
    Smarternotharder hello petal. What a lovely thing to post on my diary!!!!:kisses3:

You have to stay strong. I think everything that happens to us makes us stronger. The perfect job will come along. You need to focus on believing in yourself and keep applying once health is sorted.

It is so hot. I echo the idea of exercise if your health is up to it. I am usually jogging by now but haven't done any yet. I will start a new keep fit being healthy regime v soon. Maybe if we all take small steps together it will help us all, nothing wrong with a bit of synergy. :T:T:T

Have a lovely weekend. :j:j:beer:
  • Hello, I fell off the face of the planet, but I thought I'd come back and give you awesome people an update. I took everyone's advice and signed up to a temp agency, and a few weeks later they called and I've been working a boring min wage admin job since August.

However, I'm not knocking it. It has meant I've been able to get used to commuting everyday, having an income again and being able to not worry about dipping into my savings to live, to be able to treat other people,and generally feel useful again. And as the job doesn't require too much brain power,it has meant that I haven't been stressed while getting back into the swing of working life.

I'd like to thank you all for your support when I was really struggling, for complete strangers to care is really an amazing thing.

Anyway, it turns out that the people at this job really like me and have been encouraging me to apply for one of the permenant jobs going. The job is better paid, has prospects and opportinity for progression.

And this week they've told me I've made the final shortlist. I will let you know if it happens, but I won't forget that, whether I get it or not, when I was sad and lonely and at a loss, you guys stepped up for me. Thank you again. xx
  • Welcome back Smarter Not Harder and with such great news :T
    Well done on getting work with the temping agency and good luck with the new application. You have done so well, and sounding so positive, the only way is up :beer:
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Hurrah Smarter Not Harder this is a start - fingers crossed you will get the promotion you deserve. So glad you are feeling better. Onwards and Upwards.
  • Oh my gosh, that's incredible news! I'm so pleased you're in a better place and I'll be keeping everything crossed that you get the job :kisses3:
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure