Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
  • archived user
    Re: Thoughts on Tunisia,Please.
    Been to Tunisa three times, I liked it people I went with did not, you do get a lot of hassle from locals, no night life.
    Difficult to make suggestions as not sure of your age and likes etc but have just been to madeira, no good for children - no beach but great for over 40's, veyr clean, friendly people, reasonable prices
  • archived user
    Lanzarote ! and no it ain't grotty ! its beautiful. Like Spain but with more class. Its cheap, the weather is out of this world, food is great and you can even have a dinner cooked on an active Volcano ( how touristy did I sound then ??? )
    If you havent been abroad for ages I think its a good place to start. Tunisia is a no-no oh and btw The gambia is equally as bad
  • unicorn
    Thanx to everyone who has replied, I still keep checking as I am on this site 3 times a day, it's addictive.
    We are keeping an open mind :-/, but I agree that with us not been abroad for a long time we do not want to go anywhere and not enjoy it and there is always next year.
    Please keep up the suggestions as we still have a few weeks to make our decision.
  • christymm
    Hi, iwe have just came back from portugal(pria da rocha)and i can highly recomend it it has everything i loved it.The only prob was i dident take my dog and i missed him,would love to go back if i can take him with me anybody have any ideas.
    • TRAVELMAN
    • By TRAVELMAN 30th May 04, 6:56 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    TRAVELMAN

Hi Unicorn!

been mad busy! Got all your messages-the 'nationality' bit will make no odds at all!

Seriously....think you'd love Turkey/Tunisia-don't leave it too long as regional flight prices for End June/July can go UP!

All the best,

Chris
  • nationwide
    Only two words to say DONT GO.
    • TRAVELMAN
    • By TRAVELMAN 31st May 04, 5:24 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    TRAVELMAN

Nationwide-care to elaborate?

Was it just the Hotel/food?

Sorry-I find posts like this unhelpfull to the readers on this forum without any detail!

Chris

• Rainy
    • By Rainy 2nd Jun 04, 4:11 PM
    • 432 Posts
    • 1,301 Thanks
    Rainy
    I went for a brief visit a couple of weeks ago. And I'm just glad it was brief! But like anywhere, there are both good and bad places so it's just about recommendations etc and there's loads of good advice here. The locals are extremely persistant by nature but if you've been to Turkey, you'll know how to handle them! In the right place I'm sure your hol will be brill.
  • archived user
    I've just booked a flight to Tunis, going mid July for 5 days - any suggestions for a decent hotel in the centre of town?
  • archived user
    I went to Tunisia two years ago, and stayed in Skanes in a hotel called The Sahara Beach.
    It's the best holiday I've been on so far! The hotel was amazing, and there's so much to do, you really don't have to leave the hotel grounds if you don't want to! Also, I'd definately recomend going on the two (or three, can't remember!), day trip through the Sahara... it's amazing, and you see so much.
  • archived user
    Went to Tunisia about ten years ago. Stayed in the Skanes El Hana Hotel in Skanes. The hotel was great
    all marble and very posh. But the food was awful.
    As i,m a veggie couldn't find anything to eat. Even a tomato salad they put anchovies all over it. We went in March and it happened to be Rammaden so we had to wait for the waiters to have their evening meal before they would serve us. The weather wasnt very good either overcast nearly every day. Though I'm sure the weather would be better in August. Didn't like the place at all, felt intimidated in the market and we hardly left the hotel complex. Definetly wouldnt go back,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

349Posts Today

5,559Users online

Martin's Twitter