Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    archived user
    0 WOW
    How to keep wasps away on holiday?
    • 26th Jun 04, 3:37 PM
    0 WOW
    How to keep wasps away on holiday? 26th Jun 04 at 3:37 PM
    We've just booked a cheap last-minute week on the greek island of Thassos, leaving on wednesday !

I've read that Thassos has a wasp problem some years to to it's location...if the spring rains don't wash the eggs away, they can be a real problem in the summer.

Apparently they are fairly docile, but just in case, does anyone know if wearing normal insect repellant keeps them away? !Also, does citronella work on them? I've got a citronella gel stick that we take camping, & I thought I could stand it in the room somewhere to try to keep them out. We normally just use one of those plug-in mozzie killers.
Page 1
  • archived user
    • 26th Jun 04, 5:36 PM
    Re: How to keep wasps away on holiday?
    • 26th Jun 04, 5:36 PM
    Thanks- I did look on boots.com before asking but I couldn't find anything about wasp repellent, so maybe they don't make this one any more :-/

All the insect repellents on their website just seem to state for "biting insects" like mozzies and midges. Perhaps I'll have more luck in store.
    • vanoonoo
    • By vanoonoo 26th Jun 04, 5:44 PM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 7,742 Thanks
    vanoonoo
    • 26th Jun 04, 5:44 PM
    Re: How to keep wasps away on holiday?
    • 26th Jun 04, 5:44 PM
    you may find that you are able to buy something more effective in the resort if there is a problem - the locals will know what works in any particular year and what doesn't

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

1,981Users online

Martin's Twitter