Swimming tracker devices

2»

Comments

• 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know of a cheap version that counts laps in the pool and has a visible screen please? I've used a cheap version of a fitbit to track my steps (£8 off ebay) but would like something that I could also use when swimming.

I'm not too bothered about it needing to be extremely accurate with distance - (my second cheap version fitbit counted less steps for the same walk than my first, but I just aim to do more steps than my usual amount).

I'd like be able to count lengths as I quite often lose count when I stop for a chat! :rotfl:

(as you can tell I'm not a serious sports person, just someone who would like to track an increase their daily activity).
  • The best is Garmin, cheaper and good quality - mi band
  • Apple Watch 3 is down at £199 now.

I was very tempted ... until i realised that once my iPhone dies i'll be switching to Android. That could be in 7 days or 7 years though.
  • I've got an apple watch 3 for swimming and I love it, perhaps not the most MSE but I really like that it can track different strokes and maps open water swims. Plus I like the reassurance that I can use it for calls if I'm out in open water and have a problem (phone in tow float so I don't need the cellular version) not that I am ever that far from help!
  • I have an old Garmn - about 5 years old, it is quite inaccurate as it often says I have done odd numbers of lengths - when I know that I am back where I started so it must have been an even number.
    It particularly doesn't like it, if you change strokes.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-49852311/can-ar-goggles-make-swimming-more-fun

These look really interesting - hope they make it to the UK market at a keen price.
  • Garmin has just launched the Garmin Swim 2!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure