Esa hell ..desperate for feedback and advice anyone please :-)

Comments

• fumin37
    fumin37 Posts: 55 Forumite
    By the way ..i only ever had to sign on once at the beginning of each JCA claim.
    And wasnt expected to go in again or take part in any work related task.
    on the two occasions i was on JSA i would be placed straight back onto ESA.
    i have had a year of in my emotional life PTSD is an issue aswell as other issues ive endured that have been massively overwhealming hence being unable to deal with all this very clearly.
    Frankly i have been treated pretty shabbily.
  • fumin37
    Just thought ide say my CAB advisor got on the phone to ESA after i tried them this morning and got no joy, and apparantly(i am taking it as apparantly at the moment ) i am going to be backdated the difference from june and so i guess they are taking my first claim(before the cuts in april) into account after all.I am due a payment on wednesday.
    massive thanks to everyone who helped me with advice on here over the weekend ..it was very much appreciated.
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Pleased to hear you are getting somewhere with your claim.

Hope when you get it all sorted out that you are able to start putting by a small amount as an emergency fund.

Hopefully all this news will help to improve your health too.

Take care
  • fumin37
    Thankyou thats very kind :-)
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    fumin37 wrote: »
    Just thought ide say my CAB advisor got on the phone to ESA after i tried them this morning and got no joy, and apparantly(i am taking it as apparantly at the moment ) i am going to be backdated the difference from june and so i guess they are taking my first claim(before the cuts in april) into account after all.I am due a payment on wednesday.

They can't take your first claim into account, you lost the appeal.

If they are backdating to June, that means the claim they are paying out on started around March 2017,,,which fits what I said you must have done... instead of being paid on appeal you must have made a new claim around March. Which is why you were not allowed onto JSA when you lost your appeal, because you already had a live claim to ESA.

I can still potentially help you get a little more money, and this could help with any Housing Benefit gaps you have...But I need to know all the claim dates, and all the periods you did not get paid for.
  • fumin37
    Hi epitome its very strange .they said my money will be backdated to 12th june .as i made a new claim then based on my new and worsening conditions.
    ive just listened to the recorded call .
    but she still makes no sense at all im afraid lol
  • fumin37
    This is the conversation my representative at the CAB had with the woman at ESA this morning .Maybe it will make sense as to why im so confused.

"She was put Onto ESA on the 18th of June 2016 to the 11th of June 2017 and then she had no LCW and I don't know why ,but they said
    she wasn't entitled to it anymore. So she must have put in a mandatory recon, I can't see any notes but she must have, because it then says the appeal was refused because she didn't attend twice she was given a hearing twice and she didn't go, so the claim was finished and closed and that finished with.

(This isnt the case as i then was given a third appeal as it was accepted by the dwp that it was due to my conditions and general confusion over dates that i didnt attend the other two, and remained on ESA the entire time untill i was told by the appeal panel that my new evidence would not be accepted by them because they had to go by evidence given on my first claim made in November???)

"She then put in for a, oh she phoned up or whatever, and then her claim was allowed because it was a worsening condition but it was a new claim, and this was from the 12th 2017 to the 18th of September and again she didn't have any LCW.
    (My worker then ask her what do you mean by that?)
    Well she wasn't allowed ,she didn't pass the medical ,you know she was found fit for work so then she put in for a mandatory recon which wasn't changed, and then it went to the appeal status and the appeal but in the meantime she had to claim Jobseeker's ,so she had to claim job seekers from the 19th of September to the 27th of September because you're not allowed two claims so she was put on Jobseeker's for that. The appeal has now been allowed but it only goes from the 12th of June right? So she's been put in the work related activity group from the 11th of September 2017 and let me just check? She's been given 12 months from, she's been given 12 months and that will be from when the appeal was heard which was what did they do? 3rd of October so she's been given 12 months work related activity and any money that's due will be backdated you know, so she's been given 12 months work related activity group from the 11th of September and we will get everything there for her on Wednesday.
    (My worker then asks roughly what the back pay will be?)
    Well it's about £29 a week extra and it's from the 11th of September so you looking at one two three four weeks about £120 you know that's just a rough idea until I look into it because of the JSA time exceeded that then it will be taken off obviously.
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Just out of interest, was the woman aware she was being recorded?
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    fumin37 wrote: »
    This is the conversation my representative at the CAB had with the woman at ESA this morning .Maybe it will make sense as to why im so confused.

"She was put Onto ESA on the 18th of June 2016 to the 11th of June 2017 and then she had no LCW and I don't know why ,but they said
    she wasn't entitled to it anymore. So she must have put in a mandatory recon, I can't see any notes but she must have, because it then says the appeal was refused because she didn't attend twice she was given a hearing twice and she didn't go, so the claim was finished and closed and that finished with.

(This isnt the case as i then was given a third appeal as it was accepted by the dwp that it was due to my conditions and general confusion over dates that i didnt attend the other two, and remained on ESA the entire time untill i was told by the appeal panel that my new evidence would not be accepted by them because they had to go by evidence given on my first claim made in November???)

"She then put in for a, oh she phoned up or whatever, and then her claim was allowed because it was a worsening condition but it was a new claim, and this was from the 12th 2017 to the 18th of September and again she didn't have any LCW.
    (My worker then ask her what do you mean by that?)
    Well she wasn't allowed ,she didn't pass the medical ,you know she was found fit for work so then she put in for a mandatory recon which wasn't changed, and then it went to the appeal status and the appeal but in the meantime she had to claim Jobseeker's ,so she had to claim job seekers from the 19th of September to the 27th of September because you're not allowed two claims so she was put on Jobseeker's for that. The appeal has now been allowed but it only goes from the 12th of June right? So she's been put in the work related activity group from the 11th of September 2017 and let me just check? She's been given 12 months from, she's been given 12 months and that will be from when the appeal was heard which was what did they do? 3rd of October so she's been given 12 months work related activity and any money that's due will be backdated you know, so she's been given 12 months work related activity group from the 11th of September and we will get everything there for her on Wednesday.
    (My worker then asks roughly what the back pay will be?)
    Well it's about £29 a week extra and it's from the 11th of September so you looking at one two three four weeks about £120 you know that's just a rough idea until I look into it because of the JSA time exceeded that then it will be taken off obviously.

Gobble de gook (if thats how you spell it!
  • fumin37
    I doubt it pipkin ..but its for my own training purposes.
    If it is ok for them to record me then its ok for me to record them. If you read the above then you can see how confusing what im being told actually is .
    And when your memory and cognition is not the greatest it is easy for things to get confused and twisted, so it is for my own personal use so that i can be clear about what is being said ,and not for legal purposes or naming amd shaming.
    if its any consolation ,i feel sorry for that person..i could hear they were very stressed and really didnt have a clue what they were saying .clearly under alot of pressure like myself,But Unfortunately me and my children have been suffering hugely for months on end because of that kind of misinformation .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure