Unsettled 7 year old ccj?

Sick with stress over this so could seriously do with some advice.

Have applied for a mortgage with Precise - husband had a ccj applied 7 years ago, it’s not on his credit file but it’s unsettled. Also, at the same time they got an inhibition order against him. Have enough equity to clear if it is is in place.

My stress is, what is the likelihood of getting a mortgage? We have one non-defaulted-paid-on-time for years credit card but nothing else.

Have sold our place, offer accepted can’t trll you how sickened with stress I am over this. Hubby wants to pull out the sale etc but that would be a disaster in my mind as we would be liable for the estate agent fees.

Comments please? Haven’t slept in about 3 days.

Thanks

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sounds like exactly the kind of case this Lender is in business to transact.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Sorry for jumping on this thread but just wondering what an inhibition order is? My understanding it's some sort of charge made against you to pay back once you sell a property. On doing sone research can only find details of it being in scotland, is this corrrect?
  • I!!!8217;m no expert but my understanding is that an inhibition can be placed on a property for an outstanding debt I.e a ccj. It is in place for 5 years and the idea is that if you sell your property in that time you are forced to pay the outstanding debt. What I!!!8217;m unsure of is whether it can still be enforced after the 5 years if it is unsettled. From what I understand it!!!8217;s skmil to a charging order in England.
  • Thanks, I hope you are right.

So sick of stressing about this!
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    The creditor can apply to the Courts to have the inhibtion order extended. Why haven't you settled the CCJ previously. Walking away from non payment of debt more often or not comes back to bite you at a later date.
  • It is my husbands debt not mine.

Surely they have to let him know if the order has been extended?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure