IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :(

Comments

• Gazbaz77
    Gazbaz77 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Noone said to do this over the phone

TELL them to cancel it in person.

State the vehicle was there twice, and youre furious that a company is harassing you while shoipping there.
    Return items if needed, and point out you will not shop there.

No. I went down to see the manager of the car park before starting this thread. Ended up speaking to him through one of his buddies mobiles.
  • Gazbaz77
    Managed to log into Google maps and selected the day in question. But have no location history for this day. :( oh well, worth a try.
  • Gazbaz77
    How do I insert an image in here?
  • Gazbaz77
    So I checked my clubcard statement. Which has two transactions on that date. But no time stamp. so I called Tesco customer services, explained what had happened. And asked if they could see any time stamps on my statement on there end. The guy I was speaking had a look and yes he can see two transactions with time stamps. One a few minutes after the supposed time I entered their car park and the other, a few mins before supposedly leaving their car park after my supposed 4 and half hours stay. So if don't prove my innocence, I don't know what will. He's emailed me a copy so I'll attach that to the appeal thing.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Gazbaz77 wrote: »
    How do I insert an image in here?
    Host your image on a site like tinypic and then post a link here.
  • Gazbaz77
    90rrld.jpg
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 March 2018 at 5:56PM
    ogz8s0.jpg

That sentence flouts the law since 13 January 2018.

See here: MSE News Article
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Come up with a plausible explanation of where you were in between - maybe get a family member, colleague or friend to write a Witness Statement to corroborate where you *were* for an hour...you remember...they remember...think about it.

Include that Witness Statement in your appeal saying where you were, and that you then returned to the same retail park later in the day, plus the evidence from Tesco that you visited twice.

Put together the usual sort of POPLA appeal you see all over the forum here (Premier Park win lots of them) but in your case, with the above evidence as your first appeal point (followed by the usual stuff from post#3 of the NEWBIES thread), you should win on that basis.

Please don't reply saying no-one can confirm where you were in between...think hard, course they can!

If you lose, so what, you are not liable. You could send a SAR* to Premier Park asking for ALL instances of the VRN being captured on that day; you could do that at the same time as the POPLA appeal.

*Google SAR if not sure what it is.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hello I parked my car in Brittania car park opposite hospital where I was having day surgery I was unable to drive home so friend collected me .I put a further 24 hour ticket it runs out 20.15 tonight ,I am unable to drive or collect my car for a few days and cannot get through to the company I have left my name telephone number and car registration ..on a voice mail
    Is there anything g else I can do ?
    Thank You
  • Gazbaz77
    Surely that's proof enough? I'd just like to add this is not a huge retail site in the middle of a city. Its just a little car park with about 10 other shops on there. Its actually a few minutes down the road where I live, in a little town. Don't know why they've even got these cameras there tbh. There's no way I'd go in, ni into tesco then spend another 4+ hours milling around the other shops then return to tesco for something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure