Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Anon, the prices of the gift sets really bottomed out at A... Most £5 sets down to £1 and £10 to £2 so I'm pretty sure stock went quickly.

I think T either sent back or timed everything pretty perfectly by selling things 'reasonably' cheap throughout the festive period.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    40 mph winds and heavy rain. :eek:

But thankfully no snow. :)

Got myself a chicken curry from the Co op - 65p after moc.

And a tin of shortbread for £2.

Had an email from MyMail with 500 bonus points, need to enter a unique number, will do that tomorrow.

I have now had my 3rd mince pie of the season. They really are very nice - they are the Cognac-steeped ones from Aldi, the nicest I've ever had even though I'm not eating so many. I think they were 1.25 for 6. :)

When I was in the Co-op last time I got 50p off petfood till spit - I suppose the logical thing is to get 2 cans - 98p less the NUS discount and minus the 50p - not brilliant but better than nothing. I seem to be getting a till spit every 2nd day ????

My C0-0p had all the Christmas stock reduced to half price so I got the £2 shortbread tin and also for £2 a box of chocolate nuts, 3 varieties
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    25591812_1947629295487486_4769716231474694123_n.jpg?oh=320e2af01d63ccf6ecf1048bc076cfc2&oe=5AB93E46
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap that's hilarious.

Can't quote your post as it sends me into the kitchen!
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc wrote: »
    When I was in the Co-op last time I got 50p off petfood till spit - I suppose the logical thing is to get 2 cans - 98p less the NUS discount and minus the 50p - not brilliant but better than nothing. I seem to be getting a till spit every 2nd day ????

My C0-0p had all the Christmas stock reduced to half price so I got the £2 shortbread tin and also for £2 a box of chocolate nuts, 3 varieties

Or buy one can and something else - I had 50p off table sauces and when I got a tomato sauce on special offer for 39p, plus a kiosk item, it took the 50p off the whole bill. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    Afternoon all - I've been AWOl for a few days whilst the Christmas guests were here - I will catch you all up later or tomorrow - head still fuzzy and there seems to have been a lot going on here as well ...

I am also going to attempt the 10 thousand step/mile challenge - cant think now which it is - more cotton wool in my brain than actually brain matter - it will be a struggle. If I manage 3 mile a day its unusual.
    Setting off from home there is nowhere of interest to walk to - our nearest Spa is half an hour walk away so a 3 mile walk there and back and has a post office - but I don't need the spa or the post office daily. Nothing scenic like a beach or countryside anywhere close by. Our lane has no pavements so its very dangerous to walk along - you have to keep leaping off road onto the grass verges so its not much fun. One end leads onto a main road which is better - pavements to walk along but its a dangerous crossing getting across.
    And a lot of walking makes my knees hum :)

Still I do need to be more active so I will persevere even if its just at weekends when OH is about - but his joints are very bad recently.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Or buy one can and something else - I had 50p off table sauces and when I got a tomato sauce on special offer for 39p, plus a kiosk item, it took the 50p off the whole bill. :D

Good idea - cat food cans are 49p so I would just need a very small something to get the bill to 60p to allow for the NUS discount :D
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    About this fitness/walking thing - there is a an open challenge on the Sports and Fitness moneysaving board that we could gate crash :cool:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5763848

Sounds like a plan :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Good evening all,
    RIP Sal, may you womble away up there:A:A

Thank you for the bean glitch our cupboards are nicely filled, just as a side though the invisable muller is still invisable:D and comparing to M's 8 for £4 plus 68p
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income