Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 6th Oct 06, 7:00 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Council Tax Cost Cutting: reduce your band and grab any discounts Discussion Area
    • 6th Oct 06, 7:00 PM
    Council Tax Cost Cutting: reduce your band and grab any discounts Discussion Area 6th Oct 06 at 7:00 PM
    This thread is here to discuss the content of the article on Council Tax Cashback: reduce your band and save 1000s.

However if you have already followed the system, please use report them in the Council tax rebanding successes discussion.

Note from Martin: Thank you to all the contributers to the initial thread, which provided the genisis for the article. Much appreciated.

Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 4:39 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 258
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 11th Jun 18, 1:53 PM
    • 10,726 Posts
    • 8,983 Thanks
    lincroft1710

So any advice what I need to do to put in a really strong, articulate appeal would be greatly appreciated!!
    Originally posted by JS44
    Basically, just what you have written above
    • Robert Hornby
    • By Robert Hornby 13th Jun 18, 2:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Robert Hornby
    Robert Hornby
    My Cottage was purchased in May 1998 for 81,000I had it valued in 1990 for 85,000.
    I contacted the valuation officer as I am in band E, and on the valuation I asked for a
    review to lower it to band D. He told me that as it was not sold in 1990 it does not count.
    He said that "Martin Lewis got it wrong" can you believe it ?
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 13th Jun 18, 5:01 PM
    • 10,726 Posts
    • 8,983 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    My Cottage was purchased in May 1998 for 81,000I had it valued in 1990 for 85,000.
    I contacted the valuation officer as I am in band E, and on the valuation I asked for a
    review to lower it to band D. He told me that as it was not sold in 1990 it does not count.
    He said that "Martin Lewis got it wrong" can you believe it ?
    Originally posted by Robert Hornby
    You have already stated most of this in your previous post. Was the date of purchase May 1988 rather than May 1998. Also can you please answer the question I asked you following your first post, what was the 1990 valuation for?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

2,178Users online

Martin's Twitter