Iresa

Options
If your Electricity account is with Iresa I strongly suggest that you cancel your DD ASAP and check your online account.

I received an email this morning to say a one off payment will be taken from my account by the end of this month because my account was in Debt.
I've always ran my account in CR of about £50-£60 so logged on this morning and my account is now £1350 in debt, they have applied some charges which I will certainly dispute.

I've cancelled my DD and also informed Iresa online of my actions.

Comments

• vicki84
    vicki84 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

I have received an email today saying the following

“A one-off payment is being taken
    Dear Miss ,
    Following an investigation of your account, a one-off payment needs to be made to clear your accumlated account debt.

You can check the amount requested on your online account.

What is funny is I asked to make an additional payment in November and they refused saying my direct debit amount was sufficient.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :eek: have you logged in to check your balance also? I hope it's accurate and no nasty shocks
  • vicki84
    vicki84 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes I have checked and it is saying -130 but I have other issue with then now because they issued my old supplier with incorrect readings so I need to sort that out with them also.

If not I will have paid for a month of electricty in March 2017 twice.
  • inglorius
    inglorius Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Yes that's happened to be too over the weekend. As soon as you get a penny behind they send that same automated email out..
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    inglorius wrote: »
    Yes that's happened to be too over the weekend. As soon as you get a penny behind they send that same automated email out..

That'll be in line with term 4.6 that you agreed to abide by ;)
  • pm12345
    Options
    I have just come off the phone from Iresa. I was 121st in the queue and spend 1hour and 48 minutes on the phone (including the time I was speaking to them)! These wait times are beyond ridiculous! I asked the person I spoke to if she could pass a message through her superior about this but she said she couldn't!

I received the same email as others in this thread, that they want me to pay an extra one-off amount of £456. We have agreed to increase my direct debit for the next 6 months to cover this.
    However I think this company are not being honest in the way they are dealing with customers.
    They gave me my usage over the past year in kwh, and said it cost £90 per month, excluding the daily standard charge. But when I took out the contract with the same usage, they told me it would be £59 per month. Now suddenly I have a large outstanding bill. This is not fair to customers. They should have worked out the correct monthly payment based on my usage and not lower it just to win customers. I'm really disappointed in them! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 January 2018 at 2:04PM
    Options
    pm12345 wrote: »
    I have just come off the phone from Iresa....

Maybe. What we can all see is you have just produced a new user account...:cool:

The official feedback thread can be found here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5477354

Good luck!

(When you join a new supplier, you tell them what your anticipated annual consumption will be, and it is that figure that they initially use to calculate your annual cost, and hence your monthly direct debit.. They monitor your usage to ensure it is consistent with what you said. If it is not, the monthly payment will change accordingly.
    All suppliers work the same)
  • pm12345
    Options
    Thanks footyguy. I did tell them my anticipated annual consumption but they have ignored my figures. Even when I spoke to them this morning they told me I am using more than I am paying for! They should have increased my direct debit months ago instead of slapping me with a huge bill!
    I will go over to the official feedback thread, thanks.
  • webbit
    webbit Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im with these was paying 52 a month, with 5 days to go to DD date they email to say its now £69,im £3 in debit... they say to build up a credit and because of my expected usage...well last year i used with these 5100kw they say i will use 6780...how the hell did they get that. Anyway so they dont get the £69 i cancelled dd and have swapped to OVO
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    webbit wrote: »
    Im with these was paying 52 a month, with 5 days to go to DD date they email to say its now £69,im £3 in debit... they say to build up a credit and because of my expected usage...well last year i used with these 5100kw they say i will use 6780...how the hell did they get that. Anyway so they dont get the £69 i cancelled dd and have swapped to OVO

Well it's up to you if you want to pay more for the same energy. :cool:

As this is a moneysaving website, I'd recommend anyone else in your position to follow the advice in this useful MSE article
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport