IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye POPLA Hallsville Quarter, London

Options
Hi guys,

Could you please have a look and give me some suggestions?
The first part has been written by me. The other parts have been copied from the newbies thread.
Please note that I am not a native speaker so there may be some grammar mistakes.

Link divided as cannot paste a link as a new user
dropbox. com
/s/swiek0ofgm6jrb3/Parking.pdf?dl=0

Also one more thing. The first PCN I received had the point about 'POFA/keeper liability after 29 days' one or not. However the reminder didn't have the point. Since there is no record if I actually received any of the PCNs, maybe I can just claim that I only got a reminder and there is no information about the keeper liability "golden ticket".

Thank you

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2018 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Here's your link:
    Of course there are no signs about private parking on the A1011. There is no car park entrance on that road.

As you say, the only sign in Wouldham Road doesn't mention Private Parking either. That's because that sign is specifying the terms for the council parking in that road. Of course there are no private parking signs in that road. It is a road owned and maintained by the local council.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the PPC only has to prove it was posted by day 12 in order to be allowed to assume it was delivered 2 days later, plus lying wont help either

if letter 1 came within 14 days and has the POFA2012 paragraph on it, treat it as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Remove the photos of the sign that says 'tariff parking' (2 x photos) and the one below them, that shows the full terms & conditions, because those pics do not help you at all! Remove those 3.

Do you realise the first pictures are of a Council sign? The one with the Mon-Sat and timings is a Council sign on street.

Why would anyone choose to drive into a private car park, or any car park, when parking is free at that time of night? Why do people go to car parks, I seriously do not understand why anyone would! Use the street next time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • buppa
    buppa Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    @KeithP - thank you for the link
    @Redx - ok. Yes, it came withing 14 days.
    @Coupon-mad - ok, photos removed. Yes I realise the first picture are of a Council sign, that's why it's confusing, especially as the Wouldham Road is under some kind of construction - it's separated from the houses with black&pink panels, only double yellow line. No visible signs saying it's a private parking. The Council sign really can let your guard down.

@all
    Should I just send it as it is now, or should I change or add something?
  • KeithP
    Options
    You may as well remove all the picks of the A1011 and Wouldham Road as they add nothing useful either.
  • buppa
    Options
    So should I just leave the pictures with the council sign and the entrance to the parking?

How about the text? Is there something I should change?
  • KeithP
    Options
    How does the council parking sign help you?
    I cannot see that it does myself.
  • buppa
    Options
    Because of the council sign when entering Wouldham road it makes it looks like the whole parking is a council parking (especially with the panels separating the road from the houses). For me the council sign is confusing,

If in your opinion it doesn't helpwhat chances do you think I have to challenge the NPC with POPLA?

How should I change the content of the appeal ?
  • buppa
    Options
    Hi!!!65292;

Could anyone give me some suggestions, please?

Thank you
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    buppa wrote: »
    Hi!!!65292;

Could anyone give me some suggestions, please?

Thank you

You challenge at POPLA using the tried and tested appeal points used in most forum-assisted POPLA appeals, like:

Keeper liability (check the NtK for compliance with PoFA - any non-compliance means the PPC is unable to invoke Keeper Liability)

The driver has not been identified (especially if they fail on Keeper Liability)

Signage

Landowner Authority

Grace Periods (if appropriate)

Compliance with the BPA Code of Practice.

There are a number of ready-written POPLA appeal points for you to copy and paste (adjust at the margins to reflect your case) in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3.

Let us see any POPLA appeal draft before submitting. Do not miss your POPLA deadline.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport