Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• Nessie23
    Nessie23 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is getting interesting :)

YBS have just launched a fixed 3.5% ISA for two years.
    The ISA accepts transfers and I believe the mimimum transfer is £100.
    http://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/taxfree/fixed_rate_isa.html

Nessie
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2011 at 9:31AM
    Options
    Nessie23 wrote: »
    Hi I think many of us are having the same dilemma at the moment!

Personally I wouldn't tie-in savings for more than 2/3 years due to inflation/possible interest rates rise. I'm currently considering the Chelsea BS 3 year at 4% or instant access ISA at 3% for now. However will probably wait a few weeks to see if any better deals appear towards the end of the ISA year.

BTW are you sure Halifax give 4.5% ? From their website they seem to indicate the interest for 4 year ISAs is 4.25%

Nessie

Sorry my error I knew that, just a typo, plus I have gone for the 4 year term.

From a personal point of view although it's a considerable pot, it's only a % of my savings fund so not a lot to lose really.

And essentially I'm a pessemist re the "recovery", :wall::wall::wall::whistle:, ;)
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • Bobjob_2
    Options
    Kazza - This is an excellent list because it includes details the banks don't tell you. BEWARE the Santander Direct ISA 6. As Kazza says (but not the Santander website) this is not accessible by online transfer of funds unless you have a Santander current account. I have just spent two months complaining to Santander customer services about the lack of this facility. It took them two months to tell me I wasn't allowed to have this facility. Appalling bank: never use them.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Options
    The Halifax Direct reward ISA has similar constraints re:withdrawals. Although it is an online account, withdrawals to another bank can only be made online if you have another Halifax account. If you don't have another account with Halifax you have to call up. Nowhere in the t&cs does it mention this limitation.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Indispensable_Hobbes
    Options
    The bonus on my Direct ISA Issue 6 (Santander) ends on 01/03/11, I'm considering moving money to Nationwide e-ISA - 2.90%.

I understand that they are available to Nationwide card holders and I do have a Flex account but since they removed the free withdrawals abroad I haven't used it. Does the account have to be active to allow you to have the e-ISA?
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 16 February 2011 at 1:49PM
    Options
    jenyking wrote: »
    The bonus on my Direct ISA Issue 6 (Santander) ends on 01/03/11, I'm considering moving money to Nationwide e-ISA - 2.90%.

I understand that they are available to Nationwide card holders and I do have a Flex account but since they removed the free withdrawals abroad I haven't used it. Does the account have to be active to allow you to have the e-ISA?

So long as you haven't closed the account, and can still login to internet banking (you can re-register if you've forgotten details) then you should be able to open the e-ISA online I believe.

Edit: you should note that the only way of paying new money into the account is via the Nationwide Card account, you can't make a BACS transfer directly into the e-ISA. So another hoop to jump through to deposit cash:

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/savings/cash_isa/eisa/managingyouraccount.htm
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • elektra
    elektra Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 17 February 2011 at 9:45AM
    Options
    The bonus on my Direct ISA Issue 6 (Santander) ends on 01/03/11

just wanted to let you know bonus expires 29/03/11 (according to my letter received today)

so you have a little more time to transfer than you think

EDIT: looks like tiptoe-mouse post below is the correct date, sorry to have misled
  • Indispensable_Hobbes
    Options
    So long as you haven't closed the account, and can still login to internet banking (you can re-register if you've forgotten details) then you should be able to open the e-ISA online I believe.

Edit: you should notuge that the only way of paying new money into the account is via the Nationwide Card account, you can't make a BACS transfer directly into the e-ISA. So another hoop to jump through to deposit cash:

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/savings/cash_isa/eisa/managingyouraccount.htm

That's ok I'll just be using that to transfer my balance, new funds are going into an easy access linked to my current account.

elektra wrote: »
    just wanted to let you know bonus expires 29/03/11 (according to my letter received today)

so you have a little more time to transfer than you think

My letter says the 1st although I was sure it was the 31st.
  • tiptoe_mouse
    Options
    I'm guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the date the bonus expires is dependent on when you opened the account - ie 12 months from account opening.

tiptoe
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options

This is the exact same situation as me. Santander bonus rate has ended and I was considering the nationwide ISA. I have a joint flex account although I have never used it. Does anyone know if this ISA has the option of monthly interest? I prefer to see my money growing month by month rather than just sitting there all year not moving.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback