IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcn to registered keeper

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Expired contract is something you can expand on at WS stage (don't tip them off yet, so no saying 'it's expired' in your defence!). As long as your defence mentions that you put them to strict proof that they have landowner authority and that you believe they do not, let them dig the holes for you to fill in on top of them, later, in spades!
    Address i have on documents is PO BOX 527, SALFORD, M5 OBY.
    Email address is ccmcce-filing@justice.gov.uk.
    Then that is where it must go, NOT to the usual email addy.

Re your defence, remove this, too much detail; NO attachments at defence stage:
    (I have attached a copy of the wording from the Popla Annual Report 2015 for your information):

Understanding keeper liability

''There appears to be continuing misunderstanding about Schedule 4. Provided certain conditions are strictly complied with, it provides for recovery of unpaid parking charges from the keeper of the vehicle.

There is no 'reasonable presumption'; in law that the registered keeper of a vehicle is the driver. Operators should never suggest anything of the sort. Further, a failure by the recipient of a notice issued under Schedule 4 to name the driver, does not of itself mean that the recipient has accepted that they were the driver at the material time. Unlike, for example, a Notice of Intended Prosecution where details of the driver of a vehicle must be supplied when requested by the police, pursuant to Section 172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988,a keeper sent a Schedule 4 notice has no legal obligation to name the driver.[...] If {POFA 2012 Schedule 4 is} not complied with then keeper liability does not generally pass.''

and remove this because they don't have to do a 'risk' assessment before getting data:
    and also proof of the risk impact assessment before they applied to the DVLA for keeper details and issuing the PCN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pdmum
    Pdmum Posts: 127 Forumite
    Thanks again, will edit over weekend and send on Monday.
  • Pdmum
    Letter from PC requesting Insurance documents in accordance with Pre Action Protocol, with the threat of obtaining an order from the court compelling me to submit.
    Is it worth responding to this when i send copy of DQ?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Is it worth responding to this when i send copy of DQ?

It doesn't go with the DQ which is a scheduling form for the courts.

You don't need to send it and they are inviting you to help their case as if it shows only 1 driver, it will help them.
    with the threat of obtaining an order from the court compelling me to submit.

This is nonsense but they will likely complain if you don't send it. When you reply saying you do not intend to provide it, say that under the Data Protection Act 2018 they should not be requesting personal information that is unnecessary - and they know this. You do not have the permission of others to share their personal information.
  • I would not even respond to this... I would tell them when we get to DISCOVERY of documents I will follow the order of the court.
  • Pdmum
    Thanks both, thats pretty much what i thought.
  • Pdmum
    Opted for a very simple refusal to the above.
    Would someone confirm if its absolutely necessary to include phone numbers on DQ, as dont want to encourage any unwanted phone calls. Will be providing an email address.
    Thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No need for phone numbers. Address and email is sufficient.
  • Pdmum
    Thank you so much for your prompt response.
  • Pdmum
    Just a quick update to say that i have had a very favorable response from ICO complaint.
    Waiting now for allocation of court date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure