IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim - Defense?

13»

Comments

• Thorsson
    Thorsson Posts: 166 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You appear to know something about parking and railways.
    I know something about railways. Well actually quite a lot. I know something about parking on the railways. Anything else I'm just picking up here, mostly thanks to you and a handful of others.
  • pub1900
    pub1900 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Thorsson - I received confirmation from Network Rail, including a map. I'd post it here, but it won't allow me. If anyone wants a copy, just PM me and I'll email it.
  • Thorsson
    Thorsson Posts: 166 Forumite
    Upload the image to a sharing service, I current use Imgur, and post the link here - if it won't let you just add a space or line break and someone will correct it.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure