<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you. I'm sure you've given me a copy of the recipe before, so I'll have a rummage.
    Hope fluffy doesn't require any future treatment and is suitably grateful.
    I've seen potted trees somewhere over the weekend, but struggle to remember exactly where. I was in Lidl, Aldi, Mr M and Mr T, if that helps.
  • MrsC I've added the picture of the page to your florentines message on Fb. I sometimes just use all flaked almonds and make it the same total combination weight. I'll post my version once I make a reasonable batch.

I've a man coming about a leak in my kitchen tomorrow, so I have had to really tidy up. I could do with paying somebody to come and tut every so often.
  • MrsC I could do with paying somebody to come and tut every so often.
    Funny Redo. Funny. ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you. Hope the leak is sorted soon. I don't think I'll get much baking done (apart from things for presents) until I break up on 20th. Oh will have jam tarts and mine pies on his list (and brandy snaps, if boys get their way) and I'll take the pastry-free recipes.
  • Could you cobble something together with (chicken) green wire - try wilkos?

Good idea we'll try that :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway, I only clean with anything approaching enthusiasm if we have strangers in the house. The kitchen hasn't been this tidy since the oven cleaning man came last year. I should set up an exchange scheme, I tut at their mess, they tut at mine and we all save on the price of a cleaner. I only signed up for flylady at the last house originally as a metre reader turned up announced and I was mortified.

Anyway, a nice chap has been and has agreed it was the water metre itself leaking which he has replaced FOC. We should get a credit on the bill for the leak, and hopefully some compensation for the water damage to my lovely hand built oak cupboards. Luckily we still have some oak left and can repair the dismantling damage. The dehumidifier is running now in an attempt to dry it out enough for the doors to shut at least.

I've attempted to move some money round, the emergency fund is at a relatively pathetic 0.5% and it might as well be earning some more. It was with V, and I could have just opened their new savings one but I voted with my feet as it annoys me that they take advantage of the existing accounts by not passing on the increases Worth noting that if you have Halifax savings accounts you can simply 'refresh' them to earn 0.35% rather than the 0.1%, although that is still rubbish compared to what is on offer elsewhere.

There will be no money going into the emergency fund this month so I might as well try and maximise the interest.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,073
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm happy to drop in every so often if it gets you cleaning :)
  • Redo Can I join the save-on-a-cleaner-tutting-circle please?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,094
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Glad you got the leak sorted and that you can repair the oak cupboards :)

Hope the fluffster doesn't cost you anything further. Vets bills are extortionate.

Nothing like a visitor to get you cleaning :) If Mr SA's sister is coming round I practically redecorate the whole house!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I love the tutting party . You will hate me but I love cleaning , maybe I should offer my services to all the MSE folk who dislike it.

The family furry pet dog has just cost £1200 at the vets , thank goodness for pet insurance. Hope yours is on the mend . Also that your leak is now mended , the dehumidifier will dry it out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback