Train cancellations

Hi

I've heard different views on this, so wondered what you guys think.

I usually get the train to work, and have a season ticket. Twice in the last few weeks my train has been cancelled so I have had to get the bus and underground to work (so have to pay £2.20 for a bus, and then £1.30 for the underground).

Can I claim that back from Scotrail?

Thanks

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,501 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    You should be entitled to a delay repay payment which refunds the cost of the rail ticket you have purchased, not the extra cost incurred by having to use bus and metro.

Make an application for Delay Repay through Scotrail website and send them a photo of your season ticket.
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    daveyjp wrote: »
    You should be entitled to a delay repay payment which refunds the cost of the rail ticket you have purchased, not the extra cost incurred by having to use bus and metro.

Make an application for Delay Repay through Scotrail website and send them a photo of your season ticket.

Thank you - I just did this :beer:
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,501 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Dont hold your breath waiting for payment, my last one from Northern took about 9 weeks!
  • daveyjp wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath waiting for payment, my last one from Northern took about 9 weeks!

Really depend on which TOC caused the delay and thus from whome you claimed. I regularly go between two stations where I can use five separate TOCs. Arriva trains Wales, Virgin, Northern, East Midlands Trains and Trans Pennine Express.

My experience is that EMT and Virgin seem to take 5 to 10 days. TPE and Arriva between 10 days and 25 days while Northern seem to take between 2 and 4 months. I've no ideas about ScotRail however.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure