What small moneysaving things will you do this week? W/C 4 December

Comments

• I've decided to go rogue.

My inner rebel will be UNLEASHED

I WILL FILL MY FREEZER. IT WILL BE SO FULL!!!!!!

SO. VERY. FULL.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

Sorry ladies after re-jigging meal plan, playing freezer tetris & turning off 2nd freezer I am here to claim the winner's crown :grin: :laugh:

I still have loads in mine :rotfl:
    I've decided to go rogue.

My inner rebel will be UNLEASHED

I WILL FILL MY FREEZER. IT WILL BE SO FULL!!!!!!

SO. VERY. FULL.

Now this is my problem CLF :rotfl: A slippery slope indeed :p
  • Ha I'm always so pleased with myself these days! It makes a change from always giving myself a hard time :D Pleased with what I got done:

* sorted out freezer - it will be defrosted by tomorrow. Quick clean out, transfer food from one to other & then I can start refilling :rotfl:
    * did a load of washing - Still need to hang on dryer
    * all meals from stores
    * made a delish chickpea and potato curry mmmmm
    * found a ball of yarn for socks I am knitting online for £4 :money:
    * tidied up so not so much to do on my day off tomorrow :cool:
    * made note of mileage
    * slinked off slightly early today :cool: (this is so totally unlike me but I guess I'm demob happy right now and I do feel my company take the mick...)
    * do some knitting/listened to audio book and will read in bed a bit later
    * chicken defrosting in the freezer for tomorrow's meal (chinese chicken) and another for the freezer (mandarin chicken)

ooooo I will be able to get our turkey in the next few days :j not sure if anyone remembers my attempt to get a ys one last year that ended terribly? won't be doing that again :rotfl:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Foxgloves, I am mentally working on a 'Doge' one which DS, who is my ear to the ground for new trends, tells me is what, if dogs could talk, their language would be. (If you google doge it will bring up lots of memes.)

Re your transitioning card, anything like that would probably be a good seller because a) if people can't find it locally they are more likely to look online and b) there aren't so many so it's instantly visible and you don't have to spend more money 'promoting' it just to get it seen.

I didn't want to go down the aunt/sister/best friend's daughter's dog route but I can see why people do, there are so many thousands of generic ones that you could have the most fabulous product in the world but if nobody knows about it you aren't going to sell any!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone :) my freezer is also JAM PACKED but hasn't always been that way so I'm enjoying the feeling of security it brings me, for now... It does need defrosting again though. I only did it about 3 months ago... my last one wasn't like this!

Yesterday I only managed to do my uni assignment, so the meter read rolls over to today:
    • submit meter read
    • collect parcel from post office before it gets sent back!
    • wash hair
    • at least first draft of final report for assignment
    • put a nappy wash on
    • turn heating down once we're dressed
    • have a NSD

Have a lovely day all!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • Morning Pauper :) well done on knuckling done with your essay!

Yippee day off today :j Plans:

* go for a run after taking madam to school :j
    * hang up washing & do another load
    * avocado on toast for lunch (from freezer ;))
    * wash defrosted freezer. transfer food from freezer 1 into newly cleaned freezer. Defrost freezer 2 :D
    * may go to allotment. See what the weather is like, how much time I have and how I feel :cool:
    * doing an hour volunteering for our local MP writing Christmas cards. Going to ask them to refund my bus fare ;)
    * listen to audio book & knit for leisure
    * quick vacuum & polish & clean bathroom
    * read Martin's email
    * pick up soy sauce & mandarin pieces

That'll do! Happy hump day guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • Pauper I've just seen you use reusable nappies - very impressed! I wish we had but by the time dgd came to live with us she was nearly a year and I didn't think it was economically worth it and at that point I wasn't such a eco-warrior.

I applaud you!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2017 at 7:30PM
    * wash defrosted freezer. transfer food from freezer 1 into newly cleaned freezer. Defrost freezer 2 :D

Now you're just showing off, aren't you? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Still no baby for DD, OH is a bit better but still can't walk or stand for very long.

Today's plans:
    Cooked fruit for breakfast from freezer (gifted apples and foraged blackberries today :)), instead of bought fruit Done
    Fold and put away dry washing Done
    Another load of washing and hang to dry Done, partially dried outside, now on airer to finish off overnight :)
    Dog walks x 2 Done
    Ebay parcels to post office Done
    OH to Drs for a blood test Done
    Drop a couple of things off at the CS while I am out, determined to get rid of at least 31 things this month! Dropped off a coat - the other one I had earmarked to donate needed washing first. Now done. Sorted out 4 cookery books that can go (I have LOADS :o)
    Work out shopping / Christmas budget, see where I am at I keep putting this off :o
    No plans for spending today (thought I really should do some Christmas shopping .... can't concentrate on that till baby arrives safely! No spending :)
    Some tidying and cleaning - plenty to choose from! Not much of this done, sadly, feel really lazy today :o
    Check banks Done, no surprise
    Check for surveys Just a couple for onepoll. PA has gone really quiet on me, so I have cashed out the available funds (£17.39)
    Minimal cooking, as I made chicken pie, quiche and little blackberry and apple tarts yesterday. Probably only need to bake some potatoes and cut a salad today :DThat is exactly what I did!

Received a letter from the hospital about the gall bladder op I am waiting for. I have to go for a pre-op assessment on the 18 December :eek: Not sure how long after this the actual operation would follow.

Better make a start!
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Determined I do love it, I actually run a small nappy library (I say "run", I haven't done anything for it in months and it is something I'm aiming to pick up in the new year. We've had so many donations and they are just sitting in my cupboard doing nothing!)

I wouldn't have got in to it nearly as easily (or possibly at all!) if my cousins hadn't given me a huge amount of nappies that they'd used, and lots of help/support. But even then we didn't start using them until DS was 4 months old. I'm planning to cloth from newborn this time as it's already part of our routine.

Nappies are in the wash though, so that's one thing off my list. Time to see if DS lets me wash my hair.

I'm very jealous of your two freezers. Very.
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • OH left the heating on ALL DAY. Came home to find the smart meter reading £3.47 :eek:

So I irritated him all night by talking in doge. Much mse.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts