IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cambridge Court case hoax phone call update

Comments

• Any other news though BM updating as to the alleged arrest regarding the original post here?

I'm awaiting a phone call from She who must be annoyed...
  • IanMSpencer
    IanMSpencer Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have you bothered to read the cited case? If not, then I politely suggest you do.

If you have then I less politely advise you to go back to law school.

:beer:

I don't think that this is the forum to suggest that legal qualifications always outrank armchair lawyers :)

You made a sweeping assertion without qualification. I gave a clear uncontoversial example of statute and common law existing in parallel, when you stated that "Statute law always overrides common law". I was really targeting the casual reader who might take your assertion as gospel. I didn't need to read the cite, I have given a clear counter-example based on actual knowledge supported by the authoritative legal guide.

Someone was wrong on the Internet... ;)
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    are you saying that you are just awaiting conformation of the charges?

£100 or £50 if paid in 14 days?
  • I don't think that this is the forum to suggest that legal qualifications always outrank armchair lawyers :)

You made a sweeping assertion without qualification. I gave a clear uncontoversial example of statute and common law existing in parallel, when you stated that "Statute law always overrides common law". I was really targeting the casual reader who might take your assertion as gospel. I didn't need to read the cite, I have given a clear counter-example based on actual knowledge supported by the authoritative legal guide.

Someone was wrong on the Internet... ;)

And Rimmington makes it clear that the Supreme court and the House of Lords agrees with that position. Statute Law overrides Common Law, and Common Law cannot be extended to fit the facts if it's not already a crime. :cool:

BTW, I don't practise law professionally, but I do win in court and Employment Tribunals. So I am technically an "Armchair Lawyer" too.

Anyway, I am waiting to hear from Defence Counsel about today's case. As soon as she gets home from Manchester... :beer:
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    £57million was the fine I heard mentioned
  • £57million was the fine I heard mentioned

Well, Mrs BM isn't back yet...
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    £57million was the fine I heard mentioned
    Is that the £57mill they will have to pay back to Crapita?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • It has been confirmed that the 42 year old man arrested on Sunday was released without charge yesterday afternoon and will face no charges (NFA) in relation to this matter.
  • Lynnzer
    Lynnzer Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It has been confirmed that the 42 year old man arrested on Sunday was released without charge yesterday afternoon and will face no charges (NFA) in relation to this matter.

I believe GMP may be too busy photographing and shredding truckloads of documents relating to their "past mistakes"
    Confucius say woman who sits on Judges knee gets honourable discharge
  • It has been confirmed that the 42 year old man arrested on Sunday was released without charge yesterday afternoon and will face no charges (NFA) in relation to this matter.

That doesn't concur with information I have. However, the information I have is now covered under the Contempt of Court Act 1981.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure