3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Comments

• Thanks Dobbi!
  • nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello, could you please add me to the list...

Currently have £382/£3000.

Thank you :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    blue_mango wrote: »
    Hello, could you please add me to the list...

Currently have £382/£3000.

Thank you :)

Hi blue_mango,

I've added you to the new list.

I've currently retained your number #113 from the old thread. If other numbers become available I will shuffle you up at the end of January if you like.

You are doing great. Keep on keeping on.

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Morning,

Would like to join this challenge.

Aiming for £10,000 emergency fund.

Currently have £2500.

I am on a serious mission for 2019 to have some comfortable savings without missing out dramatically on things (did that for long enough through my getting debt free years.)
  • Dobbibill
    Morning,

Would like to join this challenge.

Aiming for £10,000 emergency fund.

Currently have £2500.

I am on a serious mission for 2019 to have some comfortable savings without missing out dramatically on things (did that for long enough through my getting debt free years.)

Hi Debtnomoreplease,

I have kept your number from the old thread as #115 for the moment. Should any lower numbers come up at the end of January I will shuffle you up.
    You are going great at the moment and already at 25% of your target.

Keep on keeping on.

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy and successful year with lots of opportunity to add to your savings:j

Dobbi I'm going to cease being a challenger so please allocate my number (12) to someone else.

I'll still be popping in from time to time to see how you're all getting on. Good luck, all:beer:
  • Dobbibill
    Happy New Year to all our challengers - past, present and future.

Wishing you all, all the very best for a healthy and happy 2019.

Thanks CBC for your well wishes to everyone.
    I understand when priorities change, I'll release your number. You will always be welcome back in the future too.
    Thank you for all your support to me and many other members over the past 3 years. All the very best for your future. I'm sure this isn't goodbye, just au revoir ;)

• Rosie75
    Rosie75 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 January 2019 at 10:43AM
    Happy New Year to all!

Just popping in to update - currently at £750 / £10,000 (#116).

Thanks Dobbi.

Edited to add: happy to be shuffled if that helps, Dobbi
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund #14: £9000 / £10,000
  • Happy New Year all!

Payment made today of £180 so now at £1420.19/£10,500 #10

Thank you
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2019 at 5:00PM
    Afternoon,

I was #65 on the previous thread and I’m happy to be shuffled up the way when you get round to sorting the numbers out at the end of the month.

Can I please amend my target to £3000 as my original target of £9000 is far too ambitious!

I’m currently sitting at £1,099.55. I did have more but spent some of it oooops.

I think I need more spending pots for this year. I have a few for expenses such as home insurance, but generally when the little one or I need new clothes etc I end up dipping into the EF which is not what it should be for.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback