Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 12

Comments

• Thank you homegrown, I'm over the moon because didn't our budget so tight this month I knew there would be much change potted.

Ooooh you've had a super boost £39 in the pot is fab! Fingers crossed you get some lovely coins to squirrel away in your change. I just don't carry cash and think this is an issue!
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • weenapoops
    weenapoops Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone :wave:

Went out to a friend's house for a gin/catch up night on Friday. Found 3 miniature gins and 3 tonics left over from Christmas so took those with me, so ended up not spending a penny!! £10 in the pot :)
    We stayed up so late chatting that I didn't leave until 6am Saturday morning :eek::eek::eek:
    Also managed to trip up a step in my friend's garden and bruised/grazed my left hand. Could hardly move it when I finally got up on Saturday :( So with that and the hangover it turned into another no spend day, as I didn't leave my bed all day :rotfl::rotfl:
    Hubby nursed me back to health and he's still looking after me today.:A:A
    He's been out for a bit of shopping so only 78p in the pot today, so a total of £20.78 potted.
    :jYou've got to be in it to win it!! Just believe to receive!! :j

2024 Wins - Feb: Fae Magazine - Mar: 2 Tickets to Living North Live
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Added the change from today's shop to the tin. Will look at putting in the money from OH's dad once I get it back.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    When I move and unpack I will join those of you who are selling to help fill those pots

I have not been out for days (mental health taken a pounding due to move)
    this is really good for NSD but not so good for SPC hope I can pot some more soon

well done to all of you

does anyone else have lots of NSD and then have nothing for the sealed pot?
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • Raggle1
    Raggle1 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Hi all, hope your well...
    Had a lovely evening last night at the wedding. I ended up making the best of both worlds in terms of spends... the drinks went on the card but i ended up breaking a note for peripherals so am going to pot £1.41 of excess change. There is cashback due as well for the hotel stay at some point to so a brucy bonus.
    Also had a great surprise on the car insurance... after a ridiculous renewal quote on the multi car insurance (increase of £100 to £739 for the 2 cars). After a bit of shopping around/benefit of a new staff discount we didn't know we had, managed to renew for £428 a whopping £311 save. Thank you Admiral for quoting us a stupid renewal otherwise we wouldn't have bothered shopping around. While not a potting value we were going to have to juggle to meet the budgeted payment so this has made things a lot more comfortable... phew.
    On top of that DH secretly treated me to a dress i had had my eye on but restrained myself from buying.
    Happy Sunday :T
    MFW 2019 No. 62 £10120/£10000; MFW 2018 No. 62 £3390/£2400
    SPC 12 No.006 £99/No target
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lots of lovely potting going on. Sadly, DH has not been careless leaving any change lying around. Must try harder, DH!!!

£5 from my former Slimming World membership potted. Also potted has been £5-ish from my bank account. :j :j Getting there slowly...
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm not doing that well as I've only been shopping once this year and that was using a card for payment. So lots of NSDs already.

However, I found a 1p coin on my chair in the bedroom - I've seriously no idea where that came from. Also a 2p coin on the path coming into the block.

They won't be potted, but set aside until I make at least 50p. I only pot £2, £1 and 50p coins. Our last bank is closing in the local street this month - when I moved here there were 3

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    A tip for anyone wondering what to do with all the small change at the end of the challenge. I have at least 2 small independent shops in our village who are always short of change, so they will always accept bags of mixed coins. Worth asking around. Ours is a local greengrocer and a gift shop, but I am sure there are others, if I was to ask. I have often emptied my piggy bank there before stating this challenge.
  • Eldest DD (7) came back from grandma's today after having a sleepover and was very excited about the car fund, she donated a lovely £2 coin to pot from her Christmas money stash :D

Also popped the change from a quick dash to the corner shop for milk in there too, not much but it's something.
    ~2019 penny challenge: £0.28/£667.95~
    SPC #116 :cool:
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone
    Another one trying to do lots of nsds so not much getting potted. Nothing went in today and not aiming on shopping tomorrow so will look for road kill whilst Im out and about.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport