IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Hw close does a parking sign need to be?

Comments

• Heres my email to the DVLA complaining about my Data being released in particular incident when I was unloading shopping into the flat:

Dear XXXXXXX

To be clear, I am not complaining about parking signage to you, I am complaining about their personnel conduct as previous stated:

“The parking attendant told me specifically ‘you have 5-10minutes to move your car” Then failed to give me those 5-10 minutes as I received an NTK.

Given her conduct, I would contend it was very inappropriate, therefore it was it was inappropriate for my details to be released by the DLVA to her company.

Given you agency, as you have stated, only seeks to release data in appropriate circumstances, do you believe in circumstance such as the one have described, it is appropriate that my details where released? If, as I believe it was not appropriate, then it means my data was fraudulently obtained by this company and clearly this would fall fowl of Data Protection laws, I presume you do not disagree?

Regards,

XXXXXXX

Subject: RE: Serious incident involving CPM Car Parking Management Ltd.

Thank you for your email.

Whilst seeking to ensure that vehicle keeper data is released only in appropriate circumstances, it is not a matter for the Agency to decide on the merits of individual cases. Representations about the display of signs or other circumstances relating to an incident should be made directly to the company concerned. Ultimately, of course, an individual may choose to put his or her case to the courts.

XXXXXXX

We can always spot an untaxed car. Tax it or lose it.

Go to XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your response. To be clear, the DVLA does not investigate or take into account cases where a party seeking a keepers information has acted inappropriately in make this information request, as has happened in this case, when deciding to release information to that party?

Yours Faithfully,

XXXXXXX

Thank you for your enquiry regarding information held on our DVLA records on the above vehicle.

Firstly, I can assure you that the DVLA takes the protection and security of its data very seriously and has procedures in place to ensure data is disclosed only where it is lawful and fair to do so.

Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicle (Regulations and Licensing) Regulations 2002 provides a legal gateway for the release of information. Therefore, the right to restrict the processing of your data does not apply.

The law allows the DVLA to release information from the vehicle record to third parties who can demonstrate they have reasonable cause to receive it. Disclosure in these circumstances does not breach the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner’s Office is fully aware that data held on the DVLA’s records is released in this way.

This situation has not changed with the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation which came into effect in May 2018.

You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that the DVLA has not handled your request to exercise your right appropriately. Please write to The Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.

I realise you will be disappointed with my reply, however I regret I am unable to assist you on this occasion.

Regards

XXXXXXX

We can always spot an untaxed car. Tax it or lose it.

Go to XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I did try the webpage you mention however it was not obvious to me where my email should be directed, so can you please direct me?

Thanks,

XXXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

This email address has been set up to answer specific questions around Data Subject Access Requests where an individual requests what information the DVLA holds regarding themselves. This email address does not deal with general enquiries and should not be used for any other purpose.

For help with any other Drivers or Vehicle Licensing enquiry please use the following link XXXXXXXXX or you can speak to one of our advisors on 0300 790 6802.

Regards

XXXXXXX

Subject: Serious incident involving CPM Car Parking Management Ltd.

Dear DVLA,

I am writing to you complain about a parking company that issues me a ‘ticket’ and to whom I believe you have supplied my information to. I wrote to the company in question when the incident occurred (see below) and to my astonishment they haven’t responsed to apologies for their conduct and instead of rescinding their illegal invoice they are pursuing me to enforce it. It was clear that they failed to give me the 10 minute grace period as required by law for unloading etc. also the operatives behaviour and conduct towards me was appalling and inexcusable.

I implore you to prevent this company to having access to your database as they do not operate their business in a respectable way.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXX

Subject: Fwd: Incident with your parking officer today

Dear CPM,

I would like to bring to your attention a serious incident that occurred with your parking officer. I was visiting my wife who lives in the St Clements site in bow. My car was parked outside as I still hadn’t unloaded stuff I needed to bring in. Seeing your parking officer approach my car I called out to them from the flat. The parking attendant told me specifically ‘you have 5-10minutes to move your car’, so I responded ‘i have 5-10 minutes so fine’, ‘go move your car’ she responded in an rude tone. As I walked out, got into my car and waited, I refused to be intimidated by her so I was determined to use up the ‘5-10minutes’ she agreed. She started taking pictures of me in my car and shouted ‘don’t worry the penalty will be in the post’ At this point I called out to my wife to pass me my phone, I wanted take a picture of her so that when I complain to you I can precisely identify who it was. She smiled at me from her car and then drove off very fast, this is a residential road where pedestrians including young children walk, there is no separate paving and road so the cars share the space with people on foot. Her driving was extremely dangerous and could have resulted in a pedestrian being injured should be coming from the other direction (the road has a blind corner).

I have listed my complaint to you and want to here what you will be doing in response. If I do not here back with a satisfactory response I shall escalate this incident. Her conduct was completely unacceptable.

Regards,

XXXXXXX

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,588
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Typical predatory behaviour that would be a likely win for you at a hearing, with the right defence preparation and 'coaching' here.

Watch the Parliamentary video from February. Watch & listen, all the way through:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5787731

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Then complain to your MP about this predatory industry and this company specifically, who are notorious ex-clampers. NEVER believe what a private parking firm employee tells you:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74753901#post74753901

HTH, no paying it!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    edited 6 September 2018 at 1:28PM
    You'll need to understand the legislation with regards to Keeper data. The DVLA will release personal data for a reasonable cause which in this case is a legal claim or the presumption of one.

If you feel the PPC should not have done so, the organisation tasked with investigating and regulating PPC's is their Trade Association - in this case the IPC.

The DVLA have had a number of FO letters from PPCs/their Trade Association based on them being set up by the DVLA's boss, the Secretary of State with that specific responsibility.

The issue of the Trade Association having owners/directors who are also owners/directors of the solicitors that issue the claims has not passed the DVLA/SoS by - it is just they are very, very slow to sort it. If you have a complaint, then it is the SoS that should get it in the neck.

Just stick to the tried and tested methods of collecting copies of the signs, paperwork and your lease/rental agreement.
  • I wasn't trying to 'win' anything at the DVLA, just wanted to highlight the ppc's despicable practise. I think i'll take your advise and ask my mp to raise it with the SOS.
  • On the back of initial appeal, the ppc emailed asking me to provide them my contact number so that they can 'escalate the matter further' for me. Should I?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    StClements wrote: »
    On the back of initial appeal, the ppc emailed asking me to provide them my contact number so that they can 'escalate the matter further' for me. Should I?

No .
  • thanks KeithP. the PPC just sent through a reminder letter for one of the pcn's they've issued me with, it states the same date but a different time (by two hours) for the alleged offence. I know they are referring to the same alleged offence as the previous letter because I cross-referenced the reference IDs. Are they deliberately being incompetent to confuse me?
  • StClements
    StClements Posts: 32
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've now been sent the letter before claim by Gladstone. Letter mentions:

The client
    The claim (+ 'admin' fee)
    Vehicle Reg
    PCN Number
    Date of Charge
    that If the alleged debt is not paid they will instruct legal proceedings.
    And a reference to Paragraph 4 of Pre-Action Protocl for Debt Collections 'PAP'.

Specific info re my case. Our leasehold agreement states I have a right to park on the private site.
    Previously UKCPM responded to another lessee saying 'as long as you are not parked on the road then you are allowed to park'
    I used that response at intial 'NtK' stage but didn't work

If there is a relevant page on this site you can refer me to, please can you reply with the link.

Thanks in advance for your help
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Who does this latest letter suggest you pay?

Does it give you thirty days for a response?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure