Coffee Machine

Comments

• I've got a Delonghi Dedica which is more of an actual espresso machine, with a steam wand for foaming milk for lattes, cappuccinos etc. It's not as quick and easy as a pod machine but it's more like 'proper' coffee from a cafe. I like the fact it doesn't take up as much space on the counter as a normal size espresso machine. It has actually become a sort of hobby/obsession learning to make a real latte and improve it, makes you feel like a barista! But I must admit it it quite time consuming to make 5 coffees if you have a bunch of people round.
  • JIR
    JIR Posts: 35
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have a tassimo and can often get pods on offer in B&M and the supermarkets. It's ok but have tasted a lot of horrible coffees before settling on the few I like!
  • Diddle_Boy
    Diddle_Boy Posts: 18 Forumite
    Nespresso all the way. Tired the Tassimo and Dolce Gusto but the coffee is awful. I now heat milk when I want to make a latte in my Nespresso. You can also recycle the pods via Nespresso.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have a Tassimo. I bought a Tassimo because the price per pod worked out to be cheaper and they were most likely to be on offer in Supermarkets where I shopped.

I have to say I don't mind the coffee, there are quite a few different types and though I am disappointed with the lack of things like lactose free coffees (there are plenty of teas and coffees you can add your own milk to but nothing like lactose free lattes of cappuccinos or even hot chocolates) but I like that I can make my own coffee with the press of a button and if I just want to add the exact amount for an instant coffee and walk away whilst I do other things I can do that. I don't need to wait for a kettle to boil and boil way more water than I will actually use.

I like that I can make a Costa coffee and know that Starbucks is linked in with the Nespresso coffees, but I am not a fan of Starbucks coffee (I'd rather drink mud!) so I suppose it depends what your preferences are.
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,758
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    we have a Tassimo and love it. you do have to try different coffees to see which you like but theres plenty of choice. the pods are often on offer at Morrisons for £3 a pack. we never buy the ones with milk as you are only getting 8 a pack and i prefer cream anyway

brilliant offer on at the moment
    https://www.tassimo.co.uk/offers/fidelia-bundle-/p-fidelia1-401/

Use code DESCALED for free descaler tablets. also comes with 2 x£10 off vouchers. if you use them with free delivery over £25 you can get your pods for as little as £2.56 a pack

in fact best i post this in Grabbit lol
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    jenniewb wrote: »

I like that I can make a Costa coffee and know that Starbucks is linked in with the Nespresso coffees, but I am not a fan of Starbucks coffee (I'd rather drink mud!) so I suppose it depends what your preferences are.

Sorry but that is completely misleading.

I have a Nespresso machine and use genuine Nespresso pods and it is nothing like Starbucks coffee and not made by Starbucks either.

There are pods compatible with a Nespresso machine made by a third party offering a Starbucks coffee flavour same as manufacturers make compatible coffee pods for for a variety of flavours and machines.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,905
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would go for a nespresso inissia - which you can get often for £50.

The nespresso pods are about 30p a cup, but Lidl have them for 20.

I wouldnt get a machine which heats milk for you as that is the bit that always breaks no matter how well you clean it.

We heat milk in the microwave and then whisk it frothy (about 15 seconds). Maybe not high st frothiness but the coffee is nice, and if you dont like the Lidl varieties then Nespresso have about 20 flavours including decaff. You often get vouchers for your first order with the machine.

Our machine is over 1 year old and going strong - its predecessor lasted 5 years
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    MysteryMe wrote: »
    Sorry but that is completely misleading.

I have a Nespresso machine and use genuine Nespresso pods and it is nothing like Starbucks coffee and not made by Starbucks either.

There are pods compatible with a Nespresso machine made by a third party offering a Starbucks coffee flavour same as manufacturers make compatible coffee pods for for a variety of flavours and machines.

Why is it misleading? I was trying to help the OP by asking them to consider which coffee they liked, not that this was the only coffee a machine made but if for example they liked the Starbucks branded coffee then to go for a Nespresso machine, if they liked Costa then they can get Costa branded pods from a Tassimo, if they liked Lavazza....etc

I wasn't trying to make out that this was the only coffee they made, but if they were a fan, then to consider certain brands are linked with certain machines. I'd be well miffed if I was a Starbucks fan and bought a Tassimo, only to find that the machine I bought didn't make the coffee I liked! It wasn't an absolute rule, just a consideration. I hadn't said anything that was intended to be an absolute.
  • Haffiana
    Haffiana Posts: 733
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you currently drink instant coffee or if you like flavoured/syrupy coffees and think milk pods are a good idea then get a Tassimo. If you hate instant and are fussy about really good quality coffee then get a Nespresso.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure