Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• Hello, my ryanair flight FR9236 was delayed by 7 hours on 22/09/15 from Rome Ciampino to Stanstead. The cause of the delay was listed online as ATC delay, but when we finally got on the plane, the pilot announced he had no idea what was causing the delay and the plane had just been sitting in London the entire time.

I submitted the online form for a refund after having the usual "out of our control" spiel from ryanair, to which I have just had a letter back that reads. (Also note the from/to in the second sentence).
    We acknowledge receipt of your online enquiry dated 22nd September 2015. We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR9236 from Rome Ciampino to Rome Ciampino on the 22/09/2015, which was caused due to a previous flight diversion due to adverse weather conditions in Thessaloniki, thunderstorms.

Ryanair is committed to providing on time flights with safety being our number one priority. Occasionally, there are situations outside our control such as adverse weather conditions which disrupt our flights. We sincerely regret that this flight was one of these rare delayed flights. We confirm that all reasonable measures were taken to ensure that this flight departed with as short a delay as possible.

I don't see how the weather in greece is relevant, as the flight had come from London. I also checked online and found no evidence of thunderstorms on that day: (Not allowed to post links but can easily search on google),

Can someone advise me how best to proceed. I want to go down the NWNF lawyer route as I dont have the time to take care of this by myself. This thread is rather long, I couldn't find info on which lawyers are best to use.

Thanks! Help is very much appreciated!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There area small numbered NWNF lawyers I would recommend. Botts are the people who have won the landmark victories in court.
  • In september my flight from eindhoven to manchester was delayed by 4 hours.

After the flight departed an email was sent saying it was due to extraordinary circumstances and therefore we could not raise a claim.

Anyway I raised the claim , as our flight was the only one delayed so it was a bit weird they claimed the extraordinary circumstances .

I used the template and edited it with my own information and sent it to ryanair online web form via their website .

I also asked expenses paid for a taxi home as I missed my coach due to the delay.

Anyway after less than a week I got an email saying they are going to send me a cheque of £184.63 to my home address.

Very easy:)

People don't hesitate to email the airlines, this is the 2nd claim I made in the past 3 months and received the money. 1st was back in july with flybe.

Claim claim and claim!

:beer:
  • I was in the same situation. flight from Malaga to Bristol our plane was in Germany where bad weather delayed it 5 hours so we were stuck in Malaga. Bott took on our case so they believe we have a valid claim. It's what is called a knock on effect.
  • howticklediam
    howticklediam Posts: 330
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 30 September 2015 at 1:21PM
    lolollor wrote: »
    Hello, my ryanair flight FR9236 was delayed by 7 hours on 22/09/15 from Rome Ciampino to Stanstead. The cause of the delay was listed online as ATC delay, but when we finally got on the plane, the pilot announced he had no idea what was causing the delay and the plane had just been sitting in London the entire time.

I submitted the online form for a refund after having the usual "out of our control" spiel from ryanair, to which I have just had a letter back that reads. (Also note the from/to in the second sentence).

I don't see how the weather in greece is relevant, as the flight had come from London. I also checked online and found no evidence of thunderstorms on that day: (Not allowed to post links but can easily search on google),

Can someone advise me how best to proceed. I want to go down the NWNF lawyer route as I dont have the time to take care of this by myself. This thread is rather long, I couldn't find info on which lawyers are best to use.

Thanks! Help is very much appreciated!

I agree that Botts seem to be the "go to" NWNF.

But if it's a knock on due to weather it should be a fairly straight forward case, so it might be worth having having a read of the forums as many people these days seem to have quick success with the Resolver website. Although I have never personally tried it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69245164&postcount=8972
  • Fair point and you are probably right as there is a ton of advice and help in the forum, but for me at the time I had other more pressing priorities that it was easier to you a NWNF Solicitor
  • Just wanted to thank you all for the information and help this thread has provided me. I have submitted my application 3 times to Ryaniar since August 2014 and each time it was rejected.
    I knew it was due to a faulty windscreen wiper and resisted using a NWNF as i figured at some point the cases would rule for or against the airlines.

Today i received the full E1600 for our flight from Palma - Manchester in August 2014.

Once again, many thanks for all your help, advice and hard work. Without people like yourselves sharing your knowledge, i would have given up after the first rejection.

Cheers !
  • Another success story! :j:beer: Well done Peelay!
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I posted on another thread, but I'm not sure if I can claim anything as my flight took off on time, but we ended up on a different Greek island last week as we were diverted due to problems with the runway in Rhodes.

We eventually made it on another plane the following day, but 21 hours after we were supposed to arrive.

Is it only for flight departures you can claim?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    pollyanna24 - the inability to land at Rhodes was due to a problem with the runway so not Ryanair's problem however they had a duty of care to look after you in the interim.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback