IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I have continued to ignore and I also received an email from my MP saying that there’s nothing else she can do from her end and I should pay the fine to prevent court action which I have of cause not taken any notice and continue to ignore these letters
    Quentin wrote: »
    Shame on your MP giving such ignorant bad advice tio a constituent
    Why not let everyone know who she is. Name and shame.

She should be made aware of the experience and views that her MP colleague Pete Wishart (SNP Perth) has of Smart Parking, as voiced in the House of Commons!
    "I am sick and tired of receiving emails from people complaining about the behaviour of parking companies, telling me that they will never again visit Perth city centre because of the negative experience they had when they had the misfortune to end up in a car park operated by one of these companies. I have received more complaints about one car park in the city of Perth than about any other issue. That car park is operated by the lone ranger of the parking cowboys: the hated and appalling Smart Parking—I see that many other Members are unfortunate enough to have Smart Parking operating in their constituencies. It has reached the stage where one member of my staff now spends a good part of each day just helping my constituents and visitors to my constituency to navigate the appeals process.

The BPA does not have the ability to regulate these companies and has shown no sign whatsoever that it is trying to get on top of some of the sharper practices. The BPA gives a veneer of legitimacy to some of the more outlandish rogue operators by including them in their membership, allowing them to continue to operate. The Bill will oblige operators such as Smart Parking to amend their practices."
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sending you a virtual hug Michelle, please continue to ignore, they are just bullies sending you threatening letters trying to scare you into paying, I promise you if you follow the advice given here you will not end up paying them a penny :D
    When you are honest and above board I know there is this temptation to try and contact them and reason it out with them, but really, you might as well ask Mr Scrooge for a pay rise :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Hi everyone thank you for the replies sorry it’s taken me a while to be honest I couldn’t find my post 😞.

I will happily name and shame my MP is Louise Haigh Labour.

I’ve also received a letter from Gladstone’s today basically saying it’s their clients case that I’m liable for these charges and that there are options client has in order to recover costs from me.

I’m quite upset and stressed about this my family aren’t exactly helping me my mum says oh well you’ll be blacklisted a friend says let it go to court do you have the tickets you purchased still I said no I’ve no idea where they are but smart parking already acknowledged I’d made two £1 payments.

If I don’t pay within the next 14 days I’ve got to keep them updated with my address etc the right exists for 6 years I could result in increase amount sought in terms of any stator costs and court fees.

I’m really upset and stressed I don’t want this or need this I wish I never rang the car park company up on the day explaining what had happened and what I’d done and who I am I don’t feel at fault but then I’m worrying as I have a lot of bad luck nothing has ever gone in my favour and I can’t afford to ensnare up paying £100s out it’s really getting to me :(
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Your mum is completely incorrect. You cannot be blacklisted and this does not affect your credit file in any way whatsoever. They only way it can do is if you go to court, lose and then fail to pay in time.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If it went to court I wonder what a clued up judge would decide seeing as the scamming PPC have admitted in writing that you paid the correct fee, and you tried so hard to set things right!

You are dealing with despicable greedy scamming muppets, that are trying hard to frighten you, no one knows if they will go further but it's your decision what to do.

The regulars on here are here to help, but can't do much else, but Waamo is correct above.
  • Hi
    I'm New to this forum I have recieved a PCN
    From smart parking today.
    So unsure what to do next?
    Where can I find this newbies thread?

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    Bluemoon85 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Hit your back button and you'll see the forum thread list. There are 4 'stickies' permanently 'stuck' at the top of the thread list. The NEWBIES FAQ sticky is one of those.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Hi

Thanks

its the third thread down from the top of this forum , so near the top

please start your own thread using the red NEW THREAD BUTTON, top left of this forum , near thaty NEWBIES thread

post your query into it , because people will ignore you in this thread because it is not yours at all

the rule is , one person one thread , so please start your own thread after reading the NEWBIES faq sticky thread

thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi
    If you didn't notice that my signature under every reply I make here tells every newbie where to click to find the NEWBIES thread, then please get off the phone and on a laptop and click on the breadcrumb trail at the top of this page, to get back.

We assume people who miss my signature, below, must be on phones.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I’m quite upset and stressed about this my family aren’t exactly helping me my mum says oh well you’ll be blacklisted a friend says let it go to court do you have the tickets you I’m really upset and stressed I don’t want this or need this I wish I never rang the car park company up on the day explaining what had happened and what I’d done and who I am I don’t feel at fault but then I’m worrying as I have a lot of bad luck nothing has ever gone in my favour and I can’t afford to ensnare up paying £100s out it’s really getting to me :(

Well you have the opportunity to make your own luck now. The experienced regulars are very supportive and just damn good when and if it comes to the court stage.

You seem to be surrounded by people who are full of doom, gloom and misinformation!

'Court' sounds terrifying but apparently it isn't, not in regard to parking charges anyway. As long as you were well-prepared it'd be fine and others have indicated that there would be a very good chance of success.

I'd recommend dishing the 'poor me' stuff and getting ready to fight. First off, keep any debt collectors letters but do no be intimidated by their threats, many of which are lies. There would be quite an interval before a court appearance, so there's time to gradually get to grips with all the stages required. Do a bit of reading here, little by little.

In my opinion fighting parking charges is quite good for self-esteem! I keep seeing people on here who start off collapsed in a miserable heap and end up talking 'Witness Statements' and 'Defences' like pros! (And win!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure