Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Have a fab weekend :) x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Glad you've got a good weekend lined up, have a lovely time :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Busy but good day yesterday, was invited for tea with family including distant cousin who I haven't seen for a few years. Volunteered to bring pudding so made that in the morning. Enjoyed the afternoon and evening out.

The weather forecast is wet for the next few days so I managed to cut the grass y'day morning, just got it finished before the rain started phew.

Today I've stripped my bed and put a washing on though it won't be drying outside, its very showery today. Need to do some cleaning and tidying today and wash the floors. A friend coming tomorrow which am looking forward to.

I haven't planned very well for the possibility of her being here for lunch tomorrow and once I've eaten today the fridge will be pretty much empty so I'll need to go out tomorrow morning and remedy that. I have got an online shop coming tomorrow but not till the late evening.

Have done a few days of matched betting, am up by £39.60 - should have been more but I made a newbie error which I understand and won't be doing again. Taking it slow now.....
  • Karmacat
    That sounds a very social and very nice weekend, teapot :) Also sounds good that you've understood the MB error - you're getting there, yay :):):)
  • teapot2
    Bit of a tidy up this morning as friend came and needed to clear the table so we could eat. I nipped out to get some supplies to make a quick paneer and spinach curry which worked well. Cashed in some loose change from a savings tin to put towards the shopping.

Had a lovely catch up with friend, after lunch we went for a walk through the woods and a wander down by the beach after. The rain stayed off so that was a bonus :cool:

My online shop arrived and is all put away so am going to have some toast then chill for a bit. Not very warm here this evening so extra layer needed.
  • beanielou
    Glad it's not just me that has to clear the table!! x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• teapot2
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me that has to clear the table!! x

Its my 'go to' place for leaving all sorts of bits of paper, letters and 'stuff'. I have to move everything back though so that I can get into bed :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    teapot2 wrote: »
    Its my 'go to' place for leaving all sorts of bits of paper, letters and 'stuff'. I have to move everything back though so that I can get into bed :rotfl:
    We must be twins😂

• Karmacat
    Hang on, I'm not sure I'm reading that right ... you sleep on the ... table? Put me out of my misery, tell me whats going on :rotfl:
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi - my first time in here, maybe hang on with Pr0filic as I find it pays very well. 1poll is another good one where you can clock up earnings quite quickly.

I keep debating about doing a bit of matched betting myself
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family