PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My Champagne moment yesterday was posting off the relevant paperwork and supporting document to claim a refund of my Council Tax of just under £385 :j:D:T

My Champagne moment yesterday was observing my younger son doing some serious revision for his upcoming exams. I am so proud of his ability to understand that knowledge and aptitude are not enough, he needs to get prepared for each exam. He loves mind mapping and finds this a very effective method for him to revise. :D

My Champagne moment today was receiving a huge pile of the clothing I had bought from eBay. Some items will be packed in my suitcase once I have washed and dried them. Most of the items are used but I also got some really great new items at bargain prices. :D
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335
    Forumite
    My Champagne moment yesterday was going to watch the film Long Shot at Odeon Haymarket using my Odeon Limitless card.

I loved this film. I could not stop laughing aloud, I found it incredibly amusing. I loved the cameo appearance of Boyz to Men who I have always found incredibly talented. I was dancing and singing in my seat. Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen were totally believable in their respective lead roles and had an awesome sexually chemistry that made an implausible plot line seem perfectly plausible. For me this film was a 10/10 :j:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hello everyone, I've been awol for a while because I have been really busy........mainly with granny duties and the garden. Both a great source of champagne moments galore. The garden is looking good and I've had some wonderful times with my grandson, although to be honest I'm quite glad that after tomorrow my services won't be needed for a while. I'm ready for a well earned rest. ;)

So what else have I been up to.

I tried joining up to an internet dating website :rotfl::rotfl: I gave it 2 weeks and then gave up. I took my profile down yesterday....a complete waste of time, effort and money.

So.....instead I have decided it's high time I got back into the swing of real life. Time to get out and meet real people - in the flesh. I have joined a local meet up group so we will see.......hopefully lots of fun and champagne moments on the horizon.

One of my best champagne moments has been realising that I have now lost 2 stones. Just one more to go to reach my target. Already I feel and look so much better. It's a great feeling.

Hope you are all well, living life to the max, having fun and lots of lovely champagne moments.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,616
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I was tempted this month to join a dating website but like you found the gains very limited! So think will stay and single and solvent!
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    janb5 wrote: »
    I was tempted this month to join a dating website but like you found the gains very limited! So think will stay and single and solvent!

Me too......I just can't be bothered with all the hassle.

Its just coming up to the 5th anniversary of my husband's death and I give it a try because I thought maybe it might be nice to find a nice guy. Not to take his place, that could never be, but just to enjoy some Male company now and again.

Maybe I just joined the wrong website.......but tbh Looking out what's out there I think I'm better off being not so young, but definitely free and single. :rotfl:

Anyway I can build a good life, on my own terms. I can have fun, travel when I want to, get out and about and do the the things I enjoy.

Today I'm having a nice quiet day........I'm very tired after doing 4 days a week of Granny duty for the last 4 weeks. Much as I adore my grandson you can have too much of a good thing. :rotfl:

So for the next few days just going to catch up with myself but I'm off out with friends tomorrow. I am Hosting a BBQ on Monday so today I'm going to do a bit of a garden tidy in readiness.

It's all good.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,282
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I had some blood test results back from my GP and that has put me in a very happy mood. I've had a few years of poor health, but it feels like it has been almost completely turned around.:)

I was standing at the tube station afterwards and a beautiful black and red butterfly landed on my shoulder.

I took that as a good omen.:A
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    edited 4 June 2019 at 1:23PM
    Hello everyone .....I'm still here, still enjoying my simple life and enjoying my champagne moments.

Weight loss still going well, knees feel better, blood sugar levels coming down, and a full dress size down. Yes I know it's vanity but it's lovely to be able to start buying and wearing nice clothes. I have hit the chazzers recently and bought some amazing bargains. :D. It's amazing but, if you are a bit canny you can pick up a bagful for a tenner. I have spent about £50 this month on clothes and now have enough to last me until next winter.

I have had my hair cut.....I did splurge and have gone back to a more expensive salon that I used to frequent back in the day. Yes it cost me more than the cheapo salon I have been using but it's worth paying the money to get a decent haircut.

The weight loss and the new haircut have taken years off me. :D. I feel and look like a new woman. And with a wardrobe of fab clothes to match.

Budget is going ok, not managing to save as much as I would like because I had a couple of major expenses. I had a minor car accident, and spent £250 settling it myself rather than claiming off the insurance and I had to have pest control out which set me back £108. However, apart from the house renovations I am hoping I've done spending now for a while.

I am getting out and about more. Went to see Rocketman, loved it. And i have bought my ticket for Saturday to see Take That in concert - only at the cinema, not live, but I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Having given up the idea of finding a nice man through internet dating (total waste of £85 :rotfl: - never mind it was worth a try) I have now joined our local meet up group.

No dating or anything - just solos of all persuasions meeting up as friends to go out and about. Stepping out of my confort zone tbh but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I can't spend the rest of my life staring at 4 walls even if I am a home bird at heart. Too much isolation is not good for us.

First meet up will be this Friday. Dancing. Feeling a tad nervous but I'll put my big girl pants on.

It's coming up to the 5th anniversary of my husband's death. I have been a bit tearful but I am fully resolved to start and rebuild my life. It's time now, I have grieved long enough and I know he wouldn't want me to wallow in misery forever.

Other than that, not much news, still working on the house although mainly concentrating on the garden at the moment. Still keeping costs down by shopping around for plants. Will start taking cuttings soon to multiply stock for next year.

My grandsons christening on Sunday....looking forward to that.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Hope you are all well, happy and enjoying lots of (affordable) champagne moments. :D
  • gwynlas
    gwynlas Posts: 1,652
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Never post on here but read along and aware no posts for past week. Somebody must have had some champagne moments.
  • moo121
    moo121 Posts: 77
    Forumite
    OK I'll start then. I want to get a new and slightly larger TV so will be needing a larger cabinet for it to go on.

Spent a couple of nights online looking at expensive, modern glass creations but they didn't spark much joy with me - too much glass and no way of hiding cables.

Then I found a beautiful wooden one in local charity shop for a tenner - although it's going to need some paint but it's just the right size and design for me.

Very happy with my bargain and the painting will be therapeutic!
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,596
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The Range do some good one coat chalk paint moo121
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business