Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Received vouchers for referrer and switcher today for claim on 17th May.

Phoned today at 12 re missing referrer voucher for the 10th May and they are getting their IT team to re-send as should have been received. They have had quite a few queries where receivers aren't receiving emails for some reason, though others come through fine.

Voucher not yet received but when I chased my missing 1 it took a few hours.
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    I have clicked on links with info on this scheme but cant find any that actually allow you to apply.

Anyone help?

Thanks
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The deadline to apply for switching codes has now passed. Was 15th May i think.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have clicked on links with info on this scheme but cant find any that actually allow you to apply.

Anyone help?

Thanks

Are you talking about being a referrer or referee?

To be a referrer you needed to already have had a Santander account and request codes but you're too late for this. It supposedly had to be done by 18th May but they appeared to have pulled it a day earlier.

To be referred you need to have an existing Santander a/c or open a new one, then apply for a switch to them and have it completed before 18th June. You can then apply for the reward using a code supplied by someone on the referrers thread.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hypothetically...

1. If a claim is rejected for example because the switch started before the code was generated then can the referrer then give this code to someone else?

2. If a claim is rejected for example because it's already been used before with a successful claim then can the referee submit the claim again with a different code?

The FAQ's say...
    "remember each code will only work once"
    "There could be several reasons your claim hasn’t met the Terms and Conditions of the offer, including:
    the referral code has already been used to successfully claim a reward"

The t's & c's say...
    "Each Code and URN can only be used once to make a Claim".

To me this means that following an unsuccessful claim the URN could be submitted with a different code and the previous code used be given out again to someone else.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    Hypothetically...

1. If a claim is rejected for example because the switch started before the code was generated then can the referrer then give this code to someone else?

2. If a claim is rejected for example because it's already been used before with a successful claim then can the referee submit the claim again with a different code?

The FAQ's say...
    "remember each code will only work once"
    "There could be several reasons your claim hasn’t met the Terms and Conditions of the offer, including:
    the referral code has already been used to successfully claim a reward"

The t's & c's say...
    "Each Code and URN can only be used once to make a Claim".

To me this means that following an unsuccessful claim the URN could be submitted with a different code and the previous code used be given out again to someone else.

Simply Thanks said to me that if the switch for a referrers code was rejected, it (referrers code) could be re-used.

However eventually the switch in question went through, so probably best to address the question to them as you can keep a contemporaneous note of the answer and refer to it in the event it doesn't work.
  • sparkiemalarkie
    Options
    Hi has anyone experienced a failed switch and successfully gone on to claim an Amazon code?

one of my switches has failed.
    I forgot that the switching account had a debit card so didn't give the details.
    I have now received a new debit card for the switching account and have activated it.

Do I now continue with the first switch or start a new switch?

tia

sparkie
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 26 May 2019 at 11:00AM
    Options
    Hi has anyone experienced a failed switch and successfully gone on to claim an Amazon code?

one of my switches has failed.
    I forgot that the switching account had a debit card so didn't give the details.
    I have now received a new debit card for the switching account and have activated it.

Do I now continue with the first switch or start a new switch?

tia

sparkie

Were you notified that the switch had failed due to .......if so would have been apparent that switch had to be restarted or did Santander reject the Amazon voucher claim due to switch failing.

I have included both possibilities as while likely to be the first option, if was the first option unlikely to be asking the question on forum so maybe is latter option.

Is likely switch has to be restarted if it failed due to ......
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've switched several where I've said there is no debit card and they all worked.
    Was there a balance on the debit card?
    Which bank was it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family