Vodafone £50 Amazon voucher offer problem

Options

Comments

• Xantilor
    Xantilor Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    And I'm another one waiting for my £75 Amazon giftcard after 120 days+.
    So far I've rung Vodafone customer service twice (and been referred wrongly to giftcloud and ludicrously Amazon) and Complaints once, who told me to email support@digitalwindow.zendesk.com who auto-replied that they aimed to get back to me in 3 days and haven't, even when chased.
    I've now asked MSE to help. No result so far.
    This is really quite outrageous. Have we been scammed?
  • Xantilor
    Options
    I've done it!

I've just spent over half an hour on the phone to Vodafone Complaints. The person I spoke to told me to email uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com, as Vodafone did not deal with vouchers. I told him I had already emailed them 12 days ago and got only an auto-response, even when I emailed again to chase them a week later. He told me to email them again, there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to a manager. After a VERY long wait, the first man came back and offered to put my account in credit for £75. I accepted.

I reckon it has taken me 3 or 4 hours to get the promised £75. Vodafone has been VERY unhelpful, and it was only sheer persistence on my part that got me the money. They tried to fob me off at every point. I did get quite ratty with the last man, and told him what a cr*p company Vodafone is.
  • MrGloverLover
    Options
    I have the same problem, I switched to Vodafone broadband on 28th December because of the £75 voucher deal highlighted on MSE. I set a reminder for the end of the 120 day period and contacted Vodafone. They gave me the email customer.service@broadbandchoices.co.uk so I sent them a message complete with the reference number that Vodafone had generated relating to this query. No response. I have emailed them every single day since and am yet to receive a reply. There has been no response to any Facebook direct messages or public posts either.

I contacted Vodafone again a week ago and this time they gave me uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com as the contact email address. I sent them a message straight away. No reply. I have again emailed them every day for the last week and am again yet to receive a reply, even an automated one.

I am going to persist because i'm not prepared to be cheated out of something I was promised, however any other ideas would be gratefully received!
  • Xantilor
    Options
    What worked for me was to ring Vodafone Complaints on 03333 041 524 and complain at some length, then when the chap assured me there was nothing he could do, I asked to speak to someone who could do something. The first man came back after speaking to his boss and offered me a credit of £75 on my account. I think by then they wanted to get rid of me.

I'd recommend this method - pick a time when you're feeling assertive - and tell him you know they have done this for other customers, so there is nothing to stop them doing it for you. You can quote my name, Lexi D**k (same as Cressida Chief of Police), as an example.

(Another thing I tried was asking MSE to intervene on my behalf via
    voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com but nothing has come of that so far but an auto-response.)
  • MrGloverLover
    Options
    Thanks, i'll try calling Vodafone
  • what_here?
    Options
    Exactly the same happened to me. No response from a win. Vodafone offered £40 credit but it took so long I’m just going to leave and never use them again. Service is crap anyway
  • Xantilor
    Options
    My credit starts immediately in this month's bill. Perhaps chase them? Though you are right about customer service. Vodafone has one star on Trustpilot.
  • MrGloverLover
    Options
    I've finally had a response from Awin:

"Apologies for the lack of reply. I can see that your purchase was made through Quidco and you have received the cashback on this purchase. Unfortunately this means you are not eligible to receive the voucher.

Thanks

The voucher team"

Really not happy, i've asked them for evidence as I can't recall this being the case.
  • linvestments
    Options
    I forwarded the three emails I sent to awin/broadbandchoices/zendesk to the MSE team and got a reply via Juliet that Vodafone are now sending out the voucher. I think I got the deal by following the link in an email from wegift originally.

Did you check your quidco account?
  • KITTYKOMP
    Options
    Can I ask if anyone got an email from wegift at the time of sign up? Not sure why I remembered now so checked emails, junk, deleted and even recovered deleted and nothing. Thanks 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure