SNAD Help Please...

Options
This one has me confused...

Purchased a collectable item from eBay. (Business posing as private seller, but that's unfortunately normal in this category....)

This arrived with undeclared damage, rendering it worth far less than the purchase price.

Then opened a SNAD case.
This is where I start to get confused-

I've got a wonderful 'new' eBay case screen, where previously there's been a way to communicate within the case, all it'll let me do is add more pictures.
The case also doesn't appear in my eBay, and I can only get at it thorough the item.....

The seller 'accepted the return' and provided an address on the day the case was opened, but has not provided a return label.
The status at the top of the case says "You should receive a return postage label by 24 May, 2019."

I've recieved a message (outside the case) asking if I'm returning the item today, and I'm stumped as to what I should do next-
Reply to the message asking for a return postage label? (outside the case...)
Wait until tomorrow and escalate to eBay and assume they'll provide the label?
Other???

Comments

• lightbulbs
    Options
    Why not send a private message to the seller requesting a return label, then screenshot that and add it to the case?
  • robmar0se
    robmar0se Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To protect yourself always reply through ebay massaging (copy his non-ebay message)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just phone ebay and explain that you don't have a label (or that if you do have a label you can't see it) and how do you return something without it.

Just replying doesn't stop the clock , you need to talk to ebay.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • gollum007
    gollum007 Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ebay telephone number was as much help as a chocolate teapot :P
    (Phillipines I think...)

Messaged the seller back, and I get this:
    Hi
    Not sure how to do this.
    You have my address.
    Please return it to me using royal mail 2nd class signed for.
    Will cost £4.
    Upon receiving the xxx, I will refund you in full including postage.
    Thanks David

Any thoughts?
    I presume as not through the case, any promised return postage refund is dicey?
  • soolin
    Options
    gollum007 wrote: »
    Ebay telephone number was as much help as a chocolate teapot :P
    (Phillipines I think...)

Messaged the seller back, and I get this:
    [/B]

Any thoughts?
    I presume as not through the case, any promised return postage refund is dicey?

I've always found Customer support on ebay OK with simple questions like this- try again and explain clearly that you cannot see the return label and cannot therefore return items in line with the SNAD decision.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don’t send back without the label. The seller is just trying to get out of paying return postage.
  • soolin
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    Don’t send back without the label. The seller is just trying to get out of paying return postage.

Definitely don't send back, if ebay doesn't recognise the automatically generated label supplied then the case will close when escalated in the sellers favour.
  • gollum007
    Options
    Thanks people.

I'll escalate tomorrow, and try calling back again if necessary.
  • soolin
    Options
    gollum007 wrote: »
    Thanks people.

I'll escalate tomorrow, and try calling back again if necessary.

No, don't escalate, as you haven't returned the item ebay will find in sellers favour. If the date for escalation is tomorrow then you need to sort this today - evening is a good time to phone CS.
  • gollum007
    edited 23 May 2019 at 5:46PM
    Options
    I was under the impression that as I had a message stating that they would / could not supply the label, that the case would either be closed in my favour or eBay would then supply the label?

This is the case view I've got at the minute:
    fLpEarI.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family