Is it worth it?

titchyyyy
titchyyyy Posts: 22 Forumite
Hello all.

So, I suffer with severe anxiety and mental health issues. I buried my head in the sand and ended up with a CCJ and 9 other debts. I have amassed debts worth £5838.

I won't give too much story about my self away but, I feel in a position mentally that I want to take my debts seriously and sort them out, but I have questions.

I currently feel like I have two options;

A DRO.
OR
Repaying back at £3 per month each debt (I have 10).

If I go down the route of a DRO, my credit report will be 'fixed' after 6 years.
If I go down the route of repayments at £3 per month, my credit report will be 'fixed' in 16-17 years.

Yes, there is an option of increasing the money per month but due to my health, I'm not really in a position to have £50-100 spare every month and due to my health and working, I have no idea how long it'll be until I do have more money spare each month.

I want to be in a position to have a 'clean start' on my credit report the quickest.

Any advice on which one I should aim to go for?

Thank you for listening.

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    titchyyyy wrote: »
    Hello all.

So, I suffer with severe anxiety and mental health issues. I buried my head in the sand and ended up with a CCJ and 9 other debts. I have amassed debts worth £5838.

I won't give too much story about my self away but, I feel in a position mentally that I want to take my debts seriously and sort them out, but I have questions.

I currently feel like I have two options;

A DRO.
    OR
    Repaying back at £3 per month each debt (I have 10).

If I go down the route of a DRO, my credit report will be 'fixed' after 6 years.
    If I go down the route of repayments at £3 per month, my credit report will be 'fixed' in 16-17 years.

Yes, there is an option of increasing the money per month but due to my health, I'm not really in a position to have £50-100 spare every month and due to my health and working, I have no idea how long it'll be until I do have more money spare each month.

I want to be in a position to have a 'clean start' on my credit report the quickest.

Any advice on which one I should aim to go for?

Thank you for listening.

I think you have answered your own question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure