Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 17th May 19, 5:44 PM
    • 1,657Posts
    • 1,446Thanks
    holidaysforme
    0 WOW
    BA Avios
    • 17th May 19, 5:44 PM
    0 WOW
    BA Avios 17th May 19 at 5:44 PM
    I became aware through another forum that Less money more Avios was being trialled on some routes, so a few days ago I logged in to my account to to find out which routes these would be applicable on.

I was looking to book either istanbul or Sofia for 1st May 2020, so delighted to find that these routes were included,- so 24,000 Avios return and 1 taxes.

Went on to book today, and suddenly the option has gone , and now a return is 35!
    Can anyone enlighten me. Is it a glitch on the site, or have they withdrawn this particular offer.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • blindman
    • By blindman 18th May 19, 5:12 PM
    • 5,216 Posts
    • 4,221 Thanks
    blindman
    • 18th May 19, 5:12 PM
    • 18th May 19, 5:12 PM
    I became aware through another forum that Less money more Avios was being trialled on some routes, so a few days ago I logged in to my account to to find out which routes these would be applicable on.

I was looking to book either istanbul or Sofia for 1st May 2020, so delighted to find that these routes were included,- so 24,000 Avios return and 1 taxes.

Went on to book today, and suddenly the option has gone , and now a return is 35!
    Can anyone enlighten me. Is it a glitch on the site, or have they withdrawn this particular offer.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by holidaysforme
    BA have made changes recently re AVIOS and part pay and fees.

Headforpoints has the explanations

Though I cannot find the article that covers this recent change....
    This one may be relevant

As maybe this one.

Here's the AVIOS beginners guide
    Last edited by blindman; 19-05-2019 at 8:53 AM.
    • dickydonkin
    • By dickydonkin 20th May 19, 7:01 AM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 2,935 Thanks
    dickydonkin
    • 20th May 19, 7:01 AM
    • 20th May 19, 7:01 AM
    BA have made changes recently re AVIOS and part pay and fees.
    Originally posted by blindman
    The 'trial' has seemingly been pulled.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/05/20/british-airways-no-taxes-avios-redemptions/
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 28th May 19, 6:58 AM
    • 1,657 Posts
    • 1,446 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    • 28th May 19, 6:58 AM
    • 28th May 19, 6:58 AM
    Started to think I had imagined it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

3,523Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin