0% loan/credit card to get student housing full payment discount?

So for the full year in my university student housing would cost 6.5K in 3 2-2.2K instalments but if i can pay the full amount at the start of the year i can get a £200 discount

is it advisable to try and get a 1 year 0% interest loan or credit card pay the full year on that put the money from the student maintenance loan (i understand i get this three times over the year as well) into a building society account (or similar) for interest and then pay it all off at the end of the year (with paying off the minimum required amount to keep the 0% interest during that time)?

if so how and where would be the ideal place to look? (i have never had anything on credit so i have no credit history)

i am entering as a mature student at the age of 24 into a 3 year course with optional placement sandwich year for the third year (4 years total with the third year at uni becoming the 4th)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It's very unlikely you'll get a 0% credit card with no credit history.

And there are no 0% loans, unless they're from your mum and dad.

You could try an eligibility checker if you ant, but you need to focus on building some history so you're better placed for future credit needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure