Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 October 2018 at 12:10PM
    Me2you wrote: »
    What is GDPR?

Clicky
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • re14796
    re14796 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Because even if I get the request out on time I never get the information back on time from certain departments
  • re14796
    re14796 Posts: 117 Forumite
    I emailed the person who is responsible for the freedom of information request and he came back get the information Urgently so I emailed back how urgent and they have no replied but this was about 5.30 on Friday
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    re14796 wrote: »
    I emailed the person who is responsible for the freedom of information request and he came back get the information Urgently so I emailed back how urgent and they have no replied but this was about 5.30 on Friday

That's not really surprising though, that time on a Friday, is it?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    re14796 wrote: »
    Because even if I get the request out on time I never get the information back on time from certain departments

...but this isn't optional. This is a legal requirement. If the departments aren't likely to get back to you then you raise this to someone more senior and your legal department ASAP. You don't sit back and say "well, this department didn't send me the information."
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If it is a request for information that your company holds then it is an FOI - possibly, but no way of knowing for sure. it could be a request for personal data. , GDPR is different.

Where I work, if a request goes late then it's late, nothing happens. If the requester complains to the ICO then the ICO redirect them back to us to request an internal review. The ICO are swamped right now so nothing will happen simply because it went out late.

Where you work should take their legal responsibility more seriously.

I doubt you would be so laid back if they weren't complying with the law in relation to your employment....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure